Scenic Scandinavia and Its Fjords
Some of the world's most spectacular scenery plays host on this 14 Day Scenic Scandinavia and Its Fjords escorted tour. Visit gorgeous waterfalls, Olympic host city, Lillehammer and moving WWII sites. Take an epic train ride high above sea level. Fascinating cultures and one-of-a-kind vistas reveal themselves on this delightful journey through Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Deep fjords and glaciers are among the beautiful discoveries found in this distinctive region. This immersive vacation also highlights the rich cultures and history found in Scandinavia. The enjoy the panoramic views as you travel over 2800 feet above sea level on the Flåm Railway past fjords, snowcapped peaks and stunning waterfalls. Explore the 18th century wooden buildings in Stavanger. Tour Bergen's heritage, with visits to Haakon's Hall and the vibrant Bryggen Quarter. Enjoy guided sightseeing in Oslo including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus and 19th-century Royal Palace. Explore the cobbled streets of Stockholm's lovely Old Town. Enriching experiences, breathtaking sights and fascinating history surround you on this thrilling journey.
14 Days • fr. $4,225
- ORIENTATION of of Bergen
- RIDE one of the most exciting train journeys in the world
- VIEW Little Mermaid Statue
- DINE on a working farm in Norway dating back to the 1500s
- SEE Hamar Olympic ice arena
- WITNESS Kjosfossen falls
- VISIT Oslo's Vigeland Sculpture Park
- EXPLORE Haakon's Hall, museum in Bergen
- VIEW 17th-century Stock Exchange
- GUIDED TOUR Amalienborg Palace Quarter's 18th-century façades and equine statue of King Frederik V
- LOCAL SPECIALIST tours Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm
- VIEW Christianborg Palace and the Neo-Classical Cathedral
- MARVEL at Geirangerfjord
- VISIT Stave Chuch in Lom
- SEE Oslo's Royal Palace
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Marriott in Copenhagen, Denmark (2 nights)
- Randers in Randers, Denmark (1 night)
- Thom Maritim Hotel in Stavanger, Norway (1 night)
- Thon Orion Hotel in Bergen, Norway (2 nights)
- Sognefjord in Leikanger, Norway (1 night)
- Hotel Geiranger in Geiranger, Norway (2 nights)
- Scandic Lillehammer Hotel in Lillehammer Norway (1 night)
- Scandic Solli in Oslo, Norway (1 night)
- Clarion in Stockholm, Sweden (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE COPENHAGEN Location Information Description
Welcome to Copenhagen - the enchanting Danish capital that inspired Hans Christian Andersen to share tales of mermaids, queens and ugly ducklings with the world. Spend the day embracing its quintessential hygge found throughout its charming streets before enjoying a late afternoon orientation drive and Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and travel companions.
COPENHAGEN SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join a 'Local Specialist' today for a fascinating sightseeing and walking tour of the iconic sights of Copenhagen. The Amalienborg Palace Quarter takes centre stage as you admire its 18th-century façades and equine statue of King Frederik V at its centre. You'll see the 17th-century Stock Exchange, Christianborg Palace and the Neo-Classical Cathedral before paying tribute to the tragic Little Mermaid who was willing to give up her life in the sea to become human.
Spend the rest of the day on your own, strolling through the city's streets, or embrace your inner child in Europe's oldest amusement park, the Tivoli Gardens.
COPENHAGEN - ODENSE - RANDERS Location Information Description
Leave the fairy tales behind for the Danish island of Funen, and Odense, the city where Hans Christian Andersen was born. Continuing across the pastoral landscapes of the Jutland Peninsula, arrive in Randers, with its cozy half-timbered merchant houses and narrow medieval streets.
Tonight, we stay at one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories' - the Hotel Randers, one of the oldest hotels in the area with original artwork and a VIP-rich guestbook.
RANDERS - STAVANGER Location Information Description
Set sail from Hirtshals across the Skagerrak to the port of Kristiansand in Norway. Drive north past fjords, lakes and forests to the port city of Stavanger, one of Norway's oldest settlements - its heritage still evident in the beautifully preserved wooden buildings that date back to the 18th century.
STAVANGER - BERGEN Location Information Description
Norway's spellbinding natural landscapes provide an inspiring backdrop for your island hop from Stavanger. Arriving in Bergen this afternoon, delve into the city's Hanseatic heritage, enjoying an orientation tour past the 13th-century Haakon's Hall, the bustling fish market and colourful Bryggen Quarter.
This evening, 'Connect With Locals' for a 'Be My Guest' dinner, visiting the Øvre-Eide farm, worked for five generations by the same family.
BERGEN FREE DAY Location Information Description
Enjoy a full free day in the cultural center of Bergen or ascend its funicular for spectacular views of the fjords and islands. Consider purchasing an Optional Experience to Telavåg, which played a significant role in the secret North Sea boat traffic between Norway and Great Britain during World War II.
BERGEN – FLAM RAILWAY – SOGNEFJORD Location Information Description
Drive east to the popular ski resort of Voss, where you'll board a train ascending over 860 metres above sea level. 'Dive Into Culture' on one of the world's most exciting train journeys, through the Flåm Valley past the Kjosfossen falls and legendary forest spirit who dances there to lure men into the mountains.
Location Information Description
Later, arrive in Sognefjord, the 'King of the Fjords', where you will stay overnight at one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories', the Sognefjord Hotel located on a peninsula stretching into the deep waters of the fjord. Step straight from your hotel into the great outdoors and soak up the breathtaking views.
SOGNEFJORD - GEIRANGER Location Information Description
Norway's incredible glacier countryside surrounds you as you follow the spectacular Sognefjord to Geirangerfjord - its deep blue waters surrounded by majestic snow-capped peaks and lush green landscapes, which you will have an opportunity to explore.
Location Information Description
Tonight, you"ll stay on the shores of the fjord at one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - Hotel Havila Geiranger.
GEIRANGER FREE DAY Location Information Description
Spend a full day admiring this spectacular natural wonder. Cascading waterfalls tumble down sheer cliffs into the glacial waters below, which you can explore by kayak or boat, soaking up the crisp, clean mountain air.
Consider an Optional Experience to the Trollstigen and see Norway's most famous mountain road, travelling past steep mountain slopes, tumbling cascades and fertile valleys. After a day in intoxicating natural surrounds, we dine in our hotel this evening.
GEIRANGER - LOM -LILLEHAMMER Location Information Description
A scenic drive from Geiranger through high peaks brings us to Lom, the gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains. Here you will visit a 12th-century wooden Stave church, adorned with Runic inscriptions, paintings and carved dragon figures that are said to protect it against evil.
Location Information Description
Travel through the Gudbrandsdalen Valley, the inspiration for Ibsen's 'Peer Gynt', before arriving in Lillehammer, the proud host of the 1994 Winter Olympics. This evening before dinner, consider a walk along Storgata or visit the open-air museum at Maihaugen.
Scandic Lillehammer Hotel
LILLEHAMMER - OSLO SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
See the unusual Olympic ice arena beside the lake at Hamar as you travel to Norway's cultural capital, Oslo. Join a 'Local Specialist' who will share the city's iconic sights, including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, the Opera and 19th-century Royal Palace. Visit the fascinating Vigeland Sculpture Park.
Spend the rest of the day as you wish. Enjoy a leisurely coffee in the Akker Bryge District or explore the nation's rich seafaring heritage. Consider purchasing an optional visit to the Fram Polar Ship Museum and Viking Ship Museum to see the world's best-preserved Viking ships and finds from Viking tombs found around the fjord.
OSLO - STOCKHOLM Location Information Description
Your tour crosses the border into Sweden today and continues via Karlstad on Lake Vänern, the largest lake in the European Union. Passing Örebro, arrive in the island-ringed capital of Stockholm for a two-night stay.
STOCKHOLM SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Meet your 'Local Specialist' this morning for a sightseeing tour of the waterside City Hall and see the medieval Storkyrkan, Riddarholm Church and the Royal Palace at the heart of Stockholm's quaint Old Town.
Spend the rest of the day exploring as you wish. This evening join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner to toast an unforgettable Scandinavian adventure.
DEPART STOCKHOLM Location Information Description
Your epic journey has come to an end. Bid Stockholm and your newfound friends a fond farewell. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.