Secrets of Greece Including Corfu
Discover some of the magic that beckons visitors to the Greek Islands on a Secrets of Greece Including Corfu escorted tour. Begin this journey of antiquities, mythology, history, delicious cuisine, local wines and warm locals on this exciting vacation. Some highlights include Meteora, Sanctuary of Asclepius, Venetian-inspired Nafplion, Agamemnon's Royal Palace and lovely Corfu.
Delve into what was known as the 'Cradle of Western Civilization' on this epic adventure. Step onstage and witness the incredible acoustics at the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus. Explore the ancient ruins of Mycenae dating back to Greece's late Bronze Age. Pass through Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Royal Palace. In Olympia tour ruins of temples, the museum and the stadium. Join a family for delicious dinner paired with their own wine and dancing at their farm. Visit the site of the Battle of Actium, Nikopolis. Meander through Corfu's Spianada. Learn about their lives from the Orthodox Monks at Venetian Castle and the Monastery of Palaiokastritsa. Witness the Ottoman and Byzantine treasures found in Ioannina. Take a guided visit to Delphi. Visit the site of the Pythian Games at the remains of Temple of Apollo. Ascend to the Acropolis and see Athena's Parthenon and Temple of Zeus. This stunning journey through ancient and modern times will linger in your memory for years.
11 Days • fr. $3,325
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Corfu, Metsovo and Galaxidi
- LOCAL SPECIALISTS for included sightseeing in Nafplion, Olympia and Meteora
- LEARN about the wine making tradition of the Nemea region
- VIEW the Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the Parthenon
- SEE Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens
- VIEW Agora
- JOIN Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm
- TRADITIONAL dinner and dancing
- WITNESS the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- VIEW the Corinth Canal
- VISIT the Theatre at Epidaurus and Olympic Stadium in Olympia
- EXPLORE the island of Corfu, the towns of Ioannina and Metsovo
- TOUR the rock monasteries in Meteora
- VISIT the monastery of Palaiokastritsa and Achilleon Palace
- DELVE INTO the Mount Pelion region, the port town of Galaxidi and the Acropolis in Athens
- GAIN INSIGHT at the home of the Oracle at Delphi
- GUIDED TOUR in Athens
- LOCAL GUIDE in Delphi
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Radisson Blu Park in Athens, Greece (2 nights)
- Amalia Hotel in Nafplion, Greece (2 nights)
- Olympic Village Hotel in Olympia, Greece (1 night)
- Cavalieri Hotel in Corfu, Greece (2 nights)
- Hotel Du Lac Congress Center & Spa in Ioannina, Greece (1 night)
- Hotel Despotiko in Portaria, Greece (1 night)
- Nostos Hotel in Galaxidi, Greece (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE ATHENS Location Information Description
Venture back to a time when great philosophers roamed the halls of the Agora and gods competed for mythical supremacy. Your journey delving into the treasures of Greece begins in its vibrant capital, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel.
Kick off your in-depth discovery of what was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilization' this evening, when you meet your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception.
Radisson Blu Park
ATHENS - EPIDAURUS - NAFPLION AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Journey to a land of legends this morning. Your leisurely drive takes you to the scenic northeast Peloponnese and past the impressive Corinth Canal, which straddles two gulfs.
Your first stop is the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus and the Sanctuary of Asclepius, God of Medicine, whose snake-entwined staff remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Take to the stage and hear first-hand the magnificent acoustics that would entertain over 14,000 spectators, then spend the rest of the day exploring the Venetian-inspired seaport of Nafplion. Amble past its Neoclassical mansions or enjoy a traditional meal against the scenic backdrop of the bay.
NAFPLION - EXCURSION TO MYCENAE Location Information Description
You'll continue your journey inland and visit Mycenae - its ruins remain as a testament of what was once an important palatial center of the late Bronze Age in Greece. Stroll through the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Royal Palace, before seeing the tomb of this fearless Greek leader who commanded the Greeks in their battles against Trojan forces.
Location Information Description
This afternoon, 'Dive Into Culture' and sample delicious local vintages, gaining insights into wine production in the Nemea region. You'll have free time to stroll through the seaside retreat of Nafplion with a delicious Greek ice cream in hand.
NAFPLION - OLYMPIA Location Information Description
Crossing the Peloponnese, you'll head towards the famous village of Olympia, where sacrifices were once made to the gods, and athletes competed for supremacy in the ancient Olympic Games. Visit the ruins of temples, the museum and the stadium imagining agile runners racing in honor of Zeus.
This evening, 'Connect With Locals' joining the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm for a traditional 'Be My Guest' experience including dinner and dancing.
OLYMPIA - AMPHILOCHIA - PREVEZA - NIKOPOLIA - IGOUMENITSA - CORFU Location Information Description
You'll leave the Peninsula and return to mainland Greece, continuing north past Amphilochia and Preveza, before arriving in Nikopolis to see where the Battle of Actium took place.
Location Information Description
Boarding a ferry, cross to the beautiful island of Corfu where you have some time at leisure to admire its splendid architecture, arcades and Spianada, one of the largest and most impressive squares in Greece.
CORFU SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Begin your day with an orientation tour of the island, followed by a visit to the Venetian Castle and the Monastery of Palaiokastritsa to meet the friendly Orthodox Monks who share their day-to-day life with visitors.
Later, you'll stop at the Phaeacian-styled Achilleion Palace, built by Elizabeth "Sissi" Empress of Austria and Hungary, who so admired Greece and its culture that she decided to build an enchanting summer retreat here. Stroll through its Imperial Gardens and enjoy magnificent views of the lush valley and glistening Ionian Sea beyond before returning to your hotel for an evening on your own terms.
CORFU - IOANNINA Location Information Description
Bid farewell to island living on Corfu and sail back to the mainland, continuing to the lively lakeside city of Ioannina, where you spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Stroll along the tranquil lakeshore and through the Old Town to admire its Ottoman and Byzantine treasures, including the imposing castle that overlooks Lake Pamvotis.
Du Lac Congress Center and Spa
IOANNINA - METSOVO - METEORA - PORTARIA (MOUNT PELION) Location Information Description
The delicious flavors of Metsovone cheese and wine provide a fitting start to your day. Continue to Kalambaka and admire the famous Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora that stand almost impossibly perched atop colossal boulders. Pass the seaside town of Volos before arriving into Portaria.
PORTARIA - THERMOPYLAE - DELPHI - GALAXIDI Location Information Description
Traversing the peaks of Parnassos and Giona, you stop in Thermopylae, the mythical entrance to Hades and the site where Leonidas and his 300 Spartans fought bravely against the invading Persians.
Location Information Description
Join a 'Local Specialist' for a guided visit to Delphi, the seat of the most important oracle in the classical world. Walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo and ramble through what remains of this ancient sanctuary, once the site of the Pythian Games, a precursor of the modern Olympics.
Location Information Description
The seaside village of Galaxidi is your final stop for the day.
GALAXIDI - ATHENS Location Information Description
Return to cosmopolitan Athens for a day of delving into antiquity, coming face-to-face with the treasures of Ancient Greece. You'll ascend to the Acropolis and join a 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour with magnificent views of Athena's Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus.
See Hadrian's Arch, built to celebrate the arrival of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and view the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. On your final evening together, join your fellow travelers for a Farewell Dinner to celebrate the millennia and miles explored together on this epic voyage of discovery.
Radisson Blu Park
DEPART ATHENS Location Information Description
You'll bid farewell to Athens and newfound friends as you prepare to depart Greece, or join a 3-day Santorini Extension. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.