Spain, Morocco and Portugal
Immerse yourself in culture on this Spain, Morocco and Portugal escorted tour. Historic religious sites, ornate palaces, fragrant spice markets and the soothing Mediterranean sun are abundant throughout your journey. Travel from Madrid, through Toledo, Granada, Fes, Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat, Tangier, Seville, Lisbon, Fátima and Salamanca acquiring glorious perspectives along the way.
Authentic experiences include dinner with local sangria, hosted by an Andalusian horse rancher. Learn about the intricate work done by steel craftsmen and at a Moroccan carpet cooperative. Follow in the steps of those who flock to the shrine at Fátima with prayers for the Virgin Mary. Plaza de España and the historic Jewish Quarter make for a beautiful stroll in Seville. Marvel at the world's tallest minaret found at Hassan II Mosque. See multiple gorgeous palaces including the Royal Palace in Madrid and the Bahia Palace. Captivating attractions in Djemaa el-Fna Square include acrobats and snake charmers. Enjoy a guided tour of 15th century, UNESCO-listed Hieronymite Monastery. Tapas dishes, wine and spices are among the incredible flavors and fragrances adding to the memories you'll bring home from this journey.
16 Days • fr. $3,175
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Casablanca, Rabat, Tangier, Fátima and Salamanca
- VIEW the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca and the Royal Palace in Rabat
- SEE the Belém Tower in Lisbon and the Shrine at Fátima
- VISIT the Synagogue and Santo Tomé in Toledo
- TOUR the Alhambra in Granada
- EXPLORE Bahia Palace in Marrakesh
- DELVE INTO the Cathedral in Seville
- VISIT Monastery of the Hieronymites in Lisbon
- ENJOY Plaza Mayor in Salamanca
- TRADITIONAL Sevillano dinner at family horse ranch
- WITNESS local craftsmen forging steel
- GUIDED TOUR in Madrid and Toledo
- SIGHTSEEING with local specialist in Fes and Marrakesh
- ESCORTED TOUR in Seville and Lisbon
- EXPLORE the Alhambra
- STROLL through the Medina of Fes
- SEE palm-readers, acrobats and snake charmers in Djemaa el-Fna Square
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Meliá Castilla in Madrid, Spain (2 nights)
- Occidental in Granada, Spain (1 night)
- NH Marbella in Málaga, Spain (1 night)
- El Minzah in Tangier, Morocco (1 night)
- Le Méridien N'Fis in Marrakesh, Morocco, Spain (2 nights)
- Marriott Jnan Palace in Fes, Morocco (2 nights)
- Meliá Lebreros in Seville, Spain (2 nights)
- Olissippo Oriente in Lisbon, Portugal (2 nights)
- Gran Hotel Corona Sol in Salamanca, Spain (1 night)
- NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding in Madrid, Spain (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE MADRID Location Information Description
Color outside the lines on this unforgettable encounter with the intoxicating lands of Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Kick off your unforgettable journey in the fiery Spanish capital of Madrid. Explore the city's vibrant streets, before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's most iconic sites.
MADRID SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join your 'Local Specialist' on this day of discovery, which includes views of the iconic Cibeles fountain and Paseo de la Castellana. Admire the Royal Palace and Retiro Park, originally created as a retreat for the royal family, before spending the rest of the day at leisure indulging in la buena vida.
MADRID - TOLEDO - GRANANDA Location Information Description
Witness the influence of Christians, Muslims and Jews that has spanned centuries in the imperial city of Toledo. Join your 'Local Specialist' for a walking tour, during which you'll visit the Church of Santo Tomé, home to El Greco's most famous paintings - The Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
Location Information Description
Celebrate the tradition of steel and Damascene manufacturing and molding as you 'Dive Into Culture' at a local workshop before your journey continues through the soul-stirring Andalusian landscape to Granada, where you'll spend tonight.
GRANADA - COSTA DEL SOL Location Information Description
Tread in the footsteps of Spain's last emirs and admire the impressive palatial city of the Alhambra, a collection of palaces and fortresses dating from the 12th century. Said to have been inspired by poetry and reflecting the description of paradise found in Islamic verse. Join a 'Local Specialist' for a guided visit exploring its intricate designs, tranquil gardens and colossal walls. Leaving this "paradise on earth" behind continue to the flamboyant Costa del Sol.
COSTA DEL SOL - TANGIER Location Information Description
Travel along the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean and cross to North Africa by ferry, arriving in Tangier, as much of a gateway between Africa and Europe today as it has been since Phoenician times. The unique Stays With Stories hotel this evening is the sumptuous El Minzah, an icon in the heart of the city overlooking the Bay of Tangiers and the sparkling Mediterranean beyond. The grand property, built in the Spanish-Moorish style in 1930, has welcomed the rich and famous over the years, from Sir Winston Churchill to Hollywood’s stars of the silver screen. You’ll get to sample its warm hospitality for yourself, wishing the walls could share the highlights of its colourful history over the past century.
CASABLANCA AND MARRAKESH Location Information Description
journey south to the Moroccan capital, Rabat, to view the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the 19th-century Royal Palace. Continuing on to Casablanca next, experience first-hand the intrigue and romance of this city, immortalized by Hollywood. Walk along the city's Corniche and enjoy views of the Hassan II Mosque with the world's tallest minaret, before venturing to Marrakesh, a city said to have been the favorite holiday haunt of Sir Winston Churchill.
Le Meridien N'Fis
MARRAKESH Location Information Description
Visit the Bahia Palace during your walking tour with a Local Specialist. See Djemaa el-Fna Square in the Old Quarter with its palm-readers, acrobats and snake charmers. Visit a traditional Moroccan pharmacy and Dive Into Culture, gaining insights into the blending of creams and cosmetics using regional ingredients. The rest of the day is yours to explore. Don't miss the chance to shop for bargains in the souks (markets) and bazaars, or perhaps visit a local Berber village. Dine tonight at your hotel.
Le Méridien N'Fis
OFF TO VIBRANT FES Location Information Description
Departing Marrakesh, travel north to Fes, the cultural capital of Morocco. The oldest of Morocco’s imperial cities, Fes sits at the crossroads of Morocco’s most important and influential centers and is set against the towering backdrop of the Atlas Mountains.
Marriott Jnan Palace
THE MEDINA AND MORE IN FES Location Information Description
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour through the cultural and spiritual center of Morocco. Stroll through the Medina of Fes, view its fortifications and Royal Palace, and admire traditional Moroccan handiwork during a visit to a carpet cooperative. Spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure.
Venture to the Moroccan capital, Rabat. Here you'll view the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the 19th-century Royal Palace, the residence of the Moroccan Royal Family.
Marriott Jnan Palace
TANGIER - SEVILLE Location Information Description
Crossing the Straits of Gibraltar by ferry, guests arrive in Spain and journey past the region of Jerez, renowned as the origin of Spanish sherry. Drive through Andalucía and arrive in Seville - your home for the next two nights.
SEVILLE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join your 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour which will take you past the iconic Giralda Bell Tower. Admire the tiled fountains and pavilions in the Maria Luisa Park, the showcase for the Ibero-American Exhibition in 1929, and visit the imposing Plaza de España. See Christopher Columbus's ornate tomb in the Cathedral and the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world, then enjoy a walk through the lovely historic Jewish Quarter.
Meet the Albaserrada family and their horses on their farm in the Andalusian countryside near the whitewashed village of Gerida. Here you'll 'Connect With Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' dinner featuring fresh regional ingredients and the local sangria.
SEVILLE - LISBON SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Your panoramic journey continues through the province of Huelva, famous for Jabugo jamón and the Rio Tinto mines. Cross into the golden fields of the Alentejo region, bound for Lisbon, the gastronomic soul of Portugal.
Location Information Description
See the gleaming Monument to the Discoveries, the suspension bridge spanning the River Tagus and Belém Tower, once the ceremonial gateway to Lisbon. Then, follow your 'Local Specialist' on a sightseeing tour of the UNESCO-listed Hieronymite Monastery built in the 15th century.
LISBON FREE TIME Location Information Description
Explore the centuries-old seafaring heritage of the Portuguese, paying tribute to the great explorers who bravely set off from Portugal's shores to discover the 'New World'. Consider an Optional Experience to discover Portugal's 'Golden Triangle' of Sintra, Cascais and the Estoril coast.
LISBON - FATIMA - SALAMANCA Location Information Description
Trace the path of pilgrims, who for decades have ventured north to the celebrated shrine at Fátima to pray to the Virgin Mary, and see the site of celebrated religious miracles.
Location Information Description
Departing Portugal, you'll arrive in the historic university city of Salamanca - La Dorada, so named for its golden, orange and pink façades, which you will have an opportunity to see in the magnificent Plaza Mayor - voted by the locals as the most beautiful of all squares in Spain.
Gran Corona Sol
SALAMANCA - MADRID Location Information Description
Traversing the dramatic Sierra de Guadarrama Mountains, you'll arrive in Madrid, Europe's highest capital. Spend this afternoon exploring the sights. Indulge in some last-minute shopping on Gran Vía or relax in one of the plazas and people watch.
This evening join your travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
NH Collection Eurobuilding
DEPART MADRID Location Information Description
Your epic journey through Spain, Morocco and Portugal comes to an end this morning. All that's left is to say a fond farewell to your newfound friends and an unforgettable experience shared. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.