Tour many of Spain's gems on this 9 Day Spanish Wonders escorted tour. Begin this adventure in Madrid and travel through Toledo, Córdoba, Seville, Granada, Guadix-in the Sierra Nevada mountains, Valencia, Peñiscola and Barcelona. Iconic architecture and art of Gaudi and El Greco, Jewish and Moorish history, troglodyte dwellings, palaces and museums are among the highlights of this exciting vacation.
This thrilling exploration of Spain includes a visit to the former capital, Toledo and viewing El Greco's 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz' in the Church of Santo Tomé. See Madrid's beautiful Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain. Gain insight into Moorish rule and its influence in Córdoba. In Seville view Giralda Bell Tower and Christopher Columbus's ornate tomb in the cathedral, stroll through through the former Jewish Quarter and Plaza de España. Take a guided tour of breathtaking Alhambra in Granada. Meander through Palacio de Generalife's exotic water gardens, Behold the incredible troglodyte homes of Guadix. In coastal Peñíscola see the ancient castle built by Knights Templar for the Spanish Pope. Take in the Gaudi architecture in Barcelona including La Sagrada Família and Park Güell. Spend an enlightening evening dining with a family at their olive oil mill surrounded by 6,000 trees. This vacation will provide hours of post travel stories and smiles.
9 Days • fr. $1,642
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Valencia
- VISIT the Synagogue and Santo Tomé in Toledo
- SEE the Mosque of the Caliphs in Córdoba
- EXPLORE Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona
- TOUR the Cathedral in Seville and Alhambra Palace in Granada
- WITNESS local craftsmen forging inlaid steel in Toledo
- VISIT Montjuïc Hill
- TASTING and dinner at a family's olive oil mill
- LOCAL SPECIALIST in Toledo
- GUIDED TOUR in Madrid and Barcelona
- SIGHTSEEING in Córdoba
- LOCAL GUIDE in Seville
- DELVE INTO Granada
- VIEW the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain in Madrid
- MARVEL at the Cave Homes of Guadix
- VISIT La Sagrada Família in Barcelona
- SEE Valencia's Serrano and Quart Towers and the City of Arts and Sciences complex
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Ayre Gran Colón in Madrid, Spain (2 nights)
- Hotel Zenit Sevilla/Occidental Viapol in Seville, Spain (2 nights)
- Occidental Hotel in Granada, Spain (1 night)
- Oceanic Siolken Puerta in Valencia, Spain (1 night)
- U232 Hotel in Barcelona, Spain (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE MADRID Location Information Description
Bienvenidos a Madrid. The lively capital of Spain is your launch pad to a memorable encounter with one of Europe's most soulful destinations. Relax in the lush surroundings of Buen Retiro Park, shop up a storm on Gran Vía or people-watch over coffee and napolitana con chocolate in Puerta del Sol.
This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for an orientation drive to see some of the city's most iconic sights, followed by a Welcome Reception.
Ayre Gran Colón
TOLEDO EXCURSION AND MADRID SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Head to Toledo, the former capital of Spain, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' for a walking tour of this city that dates back to Roman times. Visit a traditional factory and 'Dive Into Culture', witnessing the age-old inlaid-steel craft, before seeing one of El Greco's most famous paintings in the Church of Santo Tomé - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz'.
Location Information Description
You'll also visit the synagogue, before returning to Madrid where you can admire the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain with the 'Local Specialist'. Spend the evening on your own, delving into the delicious flavors of Spain's tapas capital.
Ayre Gran Colón
MADRID - CORDOBA - SEVILLE Location Information Description
Journeying south through La Mancha, arrive in Córdoba, once a significant Moorish settlement. Join a 'Local Specialist' to visit the Mosque of the Caliphs and learn about centuries of Moorish rule and its influence on the culture and architecture of the region.
Location Information Description
We travel to flamboyant Seville, our home for the next two nights. Consider an Optional Experience to see the colorful twirling skirts of a fiery flamenco show.
SEVILLE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
This morning, meet your 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour of Seville. View the symbolic Giralda Bell Tower, see the Moorish-inspired Maria Luisa Park, with its tiled fountains, pavilions and ponds, and walk through the imposing Plaza de España. Marvel at Christopher Columbus's ornate tomb in the cathedral, then take a walk through the former Jewish Quarter.
This evening, 'Connect With Locals', joining the Morillo family for a 'Be My Guest' dinner at their olive oil mill, where you'll learn how oil is produced from their 6,000 trees and get to sample some of their produce.
SEVILLE - GRANADA Location Information Description
Multicultural Granada takes center stage today, as we visit the magnificent Alhambra in the company of a 'Local Specialist'. A fine example of Moorish architecture, the Alhambra complex was built towards the end of Islamic rule in Spain. Wander through the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal Summer Palace, once linked to the other palaces by a covered walkway across the ravine.
GRANADA - GUADIX - VALENCIA Location Information Description
This morning, journey via the Mora Pass to Guadix in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. You'll see the whitewashed troglodyte dwellings lodged into the ochre-colored cliffs of the surrounding area.
Location Information Description
Travel to Valencia, where you'll see the Bullring and admire the city's medieval architecture. Embrace the city's spirit of innovation and stop to view the City of Arts and Sciences, a large-scale urban recreation center for culture and science. This evening, dine at your hotel, and perhaps take to the vibrant streets of the Old Quarter.
Oceanic Silken Puerta
VALENCIA - PENISCOLA - BARCELONA SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Head north, along the coast through the Levant region, and stop at Peñíscola, the 'City in the Sea'. View the ancient castle of the 'Spanish Pope', built by the Knights Templar and used in the film, 'El Cid'.
Location Information Description
Then, journey along the Costa Dorada to Barcelona with its whimsical Gaudí architecture. Admire this famous architect's talents as we view his unfinished La Sagrada Família, which has been under construction since 1882. See the Plaça de Catalunya and pay tribute to the great Christopher Columbus, with your 'Local Specialist'. From the hill of Montjuïc, you'll enjoy panoramic views of this enchanting city.
Enjoy a free evening to spend as you wish. Ramble through El Born for delicious tapas or consider visiting a Catalan-style restaurant for a delicious dinner of local specialties.
BARCELONA FREE DAY Location Information Description
Explore centuries of history, contemporary culture and exquisite art and architecture on your day at leisure. Visit Gaudí's fantasy Park Güell, stroll through the enchanting Gothic Quarter or purchase an Optional Experience to the monastery perched atop the mountain of Montserrat to see the mystical Black Madonna, the patron saint of Catalonia.
This evening, we celebrate a memorable journey through Spain with our newfound friends and Travel Director at a Farewell Dinner.
DEPART BARCELONA Location Information Description
For now it's a fond adiós to Spain at the end of a memorable holiday. A transfer to Barcelona Airport is available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.