|Carnival is dedicated to offering the
finest cruising experience to our guests with disabilities and special
needs. Our ships provide a quality of service and a variety of accessible
features to make your voyage a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
A “Fun Ship” cruise vacation is perfect for people who
have a special need for fun!
Not all ships include these amenities. Please contact Guest Access
Services for specific ship information.
These features include
- Accessible elevators with reachable tactile controls and
- Accessible staterooms with wide entry doors, accessible closet
rods, shelves, safe, telephones and desks; and bathrooms with roll-in
showers, grab bars and accessible lavatories. (Additionally, when
requested by our guest prior to boarding, portable TTY kits are
available for your stateroom.)
- All showrooms, lounges and dining rooms have accessible seating
- Our ships include accessible public restrooms in addition to your
- Our Nautica Spas offer accessible gym equipment.
- Guests unable to access our onboard spa may request to have a
spa representative render services in their cabin.
- Laundry service, upon request is available for guests with disabilities.
- Specially trained service animals (e.g., seeing-eye and hearing-ear
dogs) are permitted on board.
Guests who have any type of medical, physical or special needs
should contact our Guest Access Services Desk.
Assistive Devices and Other Services
- TTY kits, which are available if requested prior to boarding,
include a Text Telephone, Bed Shaker, Smoke Alarm, Door Knocker
and Phone Amplifier.
- Guests using electric wheelchairs should contact the Information
Desk for details on how to charge their batteries.
- Guests may bring their own oxygen tank for personal use, but should
notify Guest Access Services prior to boarding.
- Medically related special dining requests should also be communicated
to Guest Access Services upon booking your reservation.
Please note that many of our exciting ports of call have established
strict entry requirements for certain animals. Therefore, guests
with service animals who wish to disembark to visit our ports of
call should contact Department of Agriculture to determine the policy
of each destination regarding admission of service animals to that
country. All dogs are subject to inspection at ports of entry and
are governed by that port's Department of Agriculture, and may be
denied access off the vessel.
For transportation from the airport to the pier, Hydraulic Lift
Transfers are available for guests with mobility impairments, if
requested in advance. Standard transfer charges apply; there is
no additional charge for the lift. Please contact Guest Access Services
to arrange for special transfers.
At certain ports of call, small boats known as tenders are used
to transport passengers from the ship to shore. Whenever possible,
Carnival will attempt to permit guests using wheelchairs to proceed.
However, certain of these tenders may not be accessible to individuals
using wheelchairs, or the status of the tendering process at a particular
port or under certain weather conditions may prove difficult for
a safe transfer to take place. In each case,it will be the decision
of ship officials to determine, based on their evaluation of safety
issues for our guests and crew, whether or not a guest using a wheelchair
may board a tender. To obtain information about ports of call which
require tendering, please contact Guest Access Services. Some ports
of call may not be fully accessible to users of wheelchairs or for
individuals with mobility impairments. Carnival will make every
effort to work with you to help you identify shore tours to meet
your needs. Carnival pamphlets describing the list of shore options
are available by calling Guest Access Services.