Become enchanted with Northern Ireland as you explore its treasures. Visit Titanic Belfast and the amazing Giant’s Causeway. Walk on the medieval walls of Derry and explore the Inishowen Peninsula in the north. Visit Donegal and Balleek pottery. Stay in a castle hotel and imagine what Irish life was like centuries ago.
The 9 day Northern Welcome tour from CIE Tours covers quite a bit of ground in just over a week.This tour highlights the history and beauty of Northern Ireland, a treasure missed by many on their first visit to the country. This expert-planned itinerary features hands-on activities and behind-the-scenes experiences that are sure to be the highlight of your tour. Explore beyond the big city and book your 9 day Northern Welcome tour from CIE Tours now.
9 Days • fr. $2,299
- Belleek Pottery
- Causeway Coast Discovery Center
- Down Cathedral
- Giant's Causeway
- Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- Titanic Belfast
- Amazing Grace Viewing Point
- Tullamore Dew Distillery
- Westport House
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 1 Lunch
- 6 dinners including a Cabra Castle Hotel welcome dinner, Walled City Brewery Restaurant, and a traditional dinner and show at Merry Ploughboy Pub
- Cabra Castle Hotel in Kingscourt (1 night)
- Europa Hotel in Belfast (1 night)
- Maldron Hotel in Derry (2 nights)
- Clew Bay Hotel in Westport (2 nights)
- Talbot Hotel Stillorgan in Dublin (2 nights)
Dublin Arrival & Cabra Castle Hotel
Your tour begins at 2:00 PM at the Cabra Castle Hotel for afternoon tea. The hotel is 50 miles from Dublin Airport, so enjoy the views as you travel up (please note: if you book your flights with CIE Tours, you will get free transfers from the airport.) The hotel is set on spacious grounds with a 9-hole golf course. In the evening enjoy a welcome drink and dine in the hotel restaurant.
Cabra Castle Hotel
St. Patrick’s Country & Titanic Belfas
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
Admire the gentle slopes of the Mourne Mountains and peaceful coastline as you travel north to Down Cathedral. Tour the ancient cathedral and view the historical burial place of St. Patrick, Ireland’s patron saint, marked by a huge boulder.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Drive to Belfast to join a local guide for a tour of central Belfast to see prominent buildings, political murals and the docks where the RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit the magnificent Titanic Belfast, a state-of-the-art attraction that will immerse you in the story of this iconic liner.
Bushmills, United Kingdom
Drive north along the Glens of Antrim, one of Ireland’s popular scenic routes to discover lovely views of mountains, valleys, and coastline. This area is where many scenes from “Game of Thrones” were filmed. Visit The Causeway Coast Discovery Centre for tea with scones and a turf-cutting demonstration. Visit the natural wonder that is Giant’s Causeway, hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity over 60 million years ago.
Londonderry, United Kingdom
Continue to Derry where you’ll have time to explore or relax before dinner.
Inishowen Peninsula & Derry’s Walls
Travel around the Inishowen Peninsula, a 100-mile scenic route. Drive alongside Lough Foyle, to Banba's Crown on Malin Head, the most northerly point of the Irish mainland, to admire stunning seascapes. Enjoy tea and scones with your fellow travelers at the Seaview Tavern before continuing towards Buncrana.
Londonderry, United Kingdom
Upon returning to Derry, join a local guide for a short walk around Derry’s medieval city walls that completely encircle the old city center. Learn about the development of the settlement throughout the centuries. Take a walk across the Peace Bridge and complete your tour at the Walled City Brewery Restaurant. You'll enjoy a drink with your dinner and a flight of 4 of the brewery's beers to taste - plus you'll get a bottle of CIE Tours' signature beer to take home.
Donegal & Belleek Pottery
Travel through rugged countryside with magnificent scenery to Donegal town where you will have some leisure time to explore independently. Visit Belleek Pottery, founded in the 19th century to bring employment to the area. See how craftspeople shape and decorate raw material to create this world-famous fine china. At a local farm, watch as a farmer works with skilled dogs to herd sheep.
In Westport, a local guide will escort you on a gentle walk through this historic and planned town center before dinner.
Clew Bay Hotel
Westport House & Achill Island Tour
Achill Sound, Ireland
Travel around Clew Bay, which is reputed to have 365 islands, to access Achill Island by bridge. Follow the Atlantic Drive to capture wonderful views of steeply sloped mountains plunging into the shimmering Atlantic Ocean.
Near Slievemore see the Deserted Village and stop in Keel for a casual lunch.
Return to Westport and take a tour around the stately Westport House, which overlooks the ocean and contains a wealth of interesting portraits, furniture, silver, and porcelain. Take a group photo there and enjoy a glass of beer or wine. The evening is free for independent exploration and dining.
Clew Bay Hotel
Galway & Clonmacnoise
Enjoy a gentle walking tour around central Galway to see Eyre Square, Galway Cathedral, and the Spanish Arch. On Shop Street, view the medieval Lynch’s Castle, once home to Galway’s most powerful family. Then browse on your own through narrow streets that are closed to traffic.
Visit Clonmacnoise, a monastic settlement founded in 545 AD and set on the banks of the River Shannon.
Head to Dublin, where you'll visit the Merry Ploughboy for dinner and traditional entertainment followed by an Irish coffee
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Dublin & Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Take a guided tour of Dublin to see elegant Georgian townhouses with brightly painted doors and the wide thoroughfare of O’Connell Street. Tour Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Ireland’s national necropolis, a “Who’s Who” of modern Irish history. Spend the afternoon touring independently, with your tickets to the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tour, and choose one of four of Ireland's most popular attractions: Guinness Storehouse, the GPO Museum, EPIC Ireland, or Teeling Distillery.
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Tour Ends in Dublin
Your program ends after breakfast.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.