Vancouver Short Escape
Take a short escape to Vancouver with Adventures by Disney. Take in the city's natural beauty, visit Stanley Park, Grouse Mountain, the Granville Island Market and even watch a lumberjack show. This is also a perfect add-on to an Alaska Cruise to extend your already amazing vacation.
The 3 Day Vancouver Short Escape tour from Adventures by Disney may just be a short getaway but the itinerary packs a punch. You'll see the best of Vancouver from the museums to the landmarks and other great destinations that make this an excellent option for a family vacation to Vancouver.
3 Days • fr. $1,999
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- Outstanding accommodations
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- VIP access and private events
- Most meals during trip
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Stanley Park Bike Ride
- Grouse Mountain
- Granville Island Market
- Birds of Prey
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- Lumberjack Show
- Gratuities have been taken care of on your behalf for all services included in the itinerary except for the Adventure by Disney guides. There is no need for you to worry about tipping the bellmen, housekeepers, waiters, drivers and local experts.
- The customary gratuity to the Tour Direrctor is not included. Gratuities for your Adventures Guides are not included. If you feel that your Adventure Guides have provided excellent service, we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: Per Guest/Per Adventure guide/Per Day - $9 - $11 USD.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual train and airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 2 breakfast
- 1 lunches
- 1 dinners
ARRIVE IN VANCOUVER, CANADA
Welcome to Vancouver! After exiting customs, you'll be met by an Adventures by Disney representative who will escort you to your transfer vehicle. Relax as the driver assists with your luggage and takes you to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel, Vancouver, where you’ll spend the next 2 nights in luxurious surroundings.
Enjoy lunch on your own in Vancouver. Let your Adventure Guides help you find the restaurants and activities in Vancouver that are ideal for your family's tastes. Enjoy exploring this beautiful seaport city that is nestled amid majestic mountains and is known for its thriving arts scene.
Spend an adventure-filled afternoon experiencing the array of activities at the Capilano Extension Bridge Park that immerses you in the natural beauty of western Canada. Take a 450 foot walk 230 feet above the Capilano River as you follow in the footsteps of the millions of visitors who have crossed the Capilan Suspension Bridge since 1889.
Get a unique squirrel’s-eye view of the coastal forest below as you cross the 7 suspension bridges that link viewing platforms which are attached—without bolts to allow for continuous growth—to the 250-year-old Douglas-fir trees that grow up to 110 feet from the forest below. Discover the craftsmanship and storytelling that goes into the creation of these magnificent works of cultural art in North America’s largest private collection of totem poles. Get a thrilling introduction to the ecology of the West Coast temperate rainforest through this amazing demonstration featuring some of its feathered denizens.
Junior Adventurers participate in a fun afternoon scavenger hunt around Capilano Suspension Bridge Park led by the Adventure Guides. Adults can relax as they enjoy flights of locally crafted beers and British Columbia wines in the casual atmosphere of the Cliff House Restaurant.
Join your fellow Adventurers for a welcome dinner 553 feet (167 m) in the sky at this incredible revolving restaurant that offers great food along with unobstructed panoramic views of Vancouver’s gorgeous scenery from cityscapes to the coastal mountains to the ocean.
Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
Stanley Park Bike Ride, Granville Island Market, Foodie Walking Tour & Lunch
Fuel up with a buffet-style breakfast at the hotel before heading out for a day of adventure in beautiful Vancouver.
Take a leisurely bike ride as you explore the magnificent oasis of Stanley Park—Vancouver’s first and largest urban park. Ride throughout the park and enjoy stops at the hand-carved totem poles, Beaver Lake and along the park’s famous seawall.
Cruise across False Creek to Granville Island via an aquabus ferry. Explore the aisles of delicious food offerings on a foodie walking tour accompanied by a seasoned guide who provides VIP access to Canada’s top artisans for tastings of some very Vancouver foods that range from elk salami, bison bresaola, honey dipped donuts, British Columbia cheeses and so much more! Plus, you’ll enjoy a sit down lunch at one of the vendors for a memorable meal. Enjoy exploring this wonderful public market, shopping district and artists’ community where you’ll find lots of crafts, clothing, jewelry and unique items made by local artists and artisans. You’ll also find some delicious food and even a local brewery.
Discover all this thriving city has to offer, including the Vancouver Art Gallery, which features works by local artists; and the Museum of Anthropology, which is the home to the preeminent First Nations collection. Then, ask your Adventure Guide for a recommendation, or find a new favorite local Vancouver restaurant and enjoy a delicious meal with your family.
Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
Skyride to Grouse Mountain, Breakfast with the Bears, Transfer to the cruise terminal or airport
Take to the clouds and climb high above the treetops of the mammoth Douglas firs that cover the mountain side on this gondola ride to Grouse Mountain’s Peak of Vancouver that rewards you with unparalleled views of Vancouver, the Gulf Islands and the Pacific Ocean. Experience a pawsitively amazing experience! You and your fellow Adventurers will enjoy early access to the mountain and breakfasting with Grouse Mountain’s resident Grizzly Bears, Grinder and Coola, as they go about their morning routines. You’ll explore their habitat as you learn about Grizzly Bears as well as bear conservation from a experienced staff member.
Get up close to one of Grouse Mountains most famous residents—Chloe the Owl. A knowledgeable Grouse Mountain guide will introduce you to Chloe and teach you about owls and their role in the Grouse Mountain eco-system.
Soar through peaks and canyons of Grouse and Dam Mountains on this exhilarating experience that gives you a unique perspective on the forests of British Columbia. Please note: Participation in this activity is restricted to persons weighing between 70 lbs.and 250 lbs. (31 kg to 113 kg).
Step back in time as you enter an authentic Pacific Northwest Longhouse where you will discover the traditional way of life of the First Nations people through songs and stories as told by a First Nations Elder.
Get ready for an impressive display of world-class lumberjacking as a crew of champion performers showcase their skills that include log rolling, tree climbing, sawing and axe throwing. This fast-paced, exciting and hilarious show will have you on the edge of your seats.
Say good bye to Vancouver as you board your pre-arranged transportation to either the Port of Vancouver to continue on your Disney Cruise Line adventure, or to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to begin your trip home.
- 120 days or more before departure: The per person deposit is forfeited.
- 119-90 days before departure: 50% of vacation package price per Guest
- 89-46 days before departure: 75% of vacation package price per Guest
- 45 days or less: 100% of vacation package price per Guest
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Adventures by Disney either before or after departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A deposit is required to confirm a reservation, unless the reservation is made on or after the final payment date (as defined below) for the vacation package, in which case full payment is required. The deposit amount will be equal to ten percent (10%) of the vacation package price per Guest (the “Deposit”), not including any optional add-ons. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.