Best of South Korea
Delve into a fascinating country on this Best of South Korea escorted tour. See the most interesting and beautiful places in Seoul, Busan and Gyeongju including the Demilitarized Zone buffering North and South Korea. Taste delicious foods, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites, ancient villages, temples, beaches, parks and palaces among other treats on this epic adventure.
History buffs can learn more about the Korean War visiting the DMZ, created in 1953 and the indoor/outdoor exhibits at The War Memorial Hall of Korea. Spend a unique night sleeping in an Ondol at Beomeosa Temple. Create your own souvenir prayer beads for a wonderful memento. Discover Seoul's contrasts from high tech subways and skyscrapers to palaces and temples. Stroll around Gyeongbokgung Palace, dating back to 1395 and gain insight into the Joseon era. Bukchon Hanok Village is a 600 year step back in time. You'll see traditional Korean wooden homes and Insidong Alley's shops, cafes, galleries and tea houses. In the seaside city, Busan, see the sculptures and taste the street food of colorful Gamcheon Village. Shop for souvenirs in various markets including Gukjesijang Market. After a morning meditation, perhaps spend some time on Haeundae Beach. Travel to the oldest surviving astronomical observatory in Asia, Cheomseongdae Observatory. This epic journey is brimming with incredible moments.
8 Days • fr. $2,252
Tour Highlights & Offers
- LOCAL LIVING MOMENT: Overnight Temple Stay, Busan
- GUIDED TOUR of Seoul
- VISIT the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea
- TOUR Gyeongju
- EXPLORE Yangdong Folk Village
- VISIT Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
- DISCOVER Haeundae Beach and Dongbaek Island (APEC House)
- EXPLORE N Seoul Tower
- BROWSE Namdaemun Market
- VISIT Busan
- GUIDED TOUR Myeongdong brimming with shops, restaurants, nightlife
- ADMIRE small waterfalls and overhead bridges on walk along Cheonggyecheon Stream
- LEARN at National Folklore Museum
- SAMPLE local foods such as bibimbap, soondae, and kimchi
- TOUR Yongdusan Park and colorful Gamcheon Culture Village
- EXPERIENCE daily drum and bell ritual during stay in temple
- CRAFT your own prayer beads
- HIKE to the oldest and highest temple in Busan for morning meditation
- VISIT 14th century seaside temple hidden in the rocks - Haedong Yonggungsa
- EXPLORE UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- MARVEL at Dabotap and Seokgatap stone pagodas
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Private van, train, subway, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Age requirement: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$220-$290 for meals not included
- Hotel Prince in Seoul (4 nights)
- Beomeosa Temple in Busan (1 night)
- Libero Hotel Haeundae in Busan (1 night)
- Swiss Rosen Hotel - Gyeongju in Gyeongju (1 night)
SEOUL Location Information Description
Seoul, South Korea
Arrive at any time. Welcome to Seoul! As fellow travelers are arriving throughout the day, there are no planned activities until a group meeting at 6 pm. Check into the hotel and enjoy the city.
After the welcome meeting, join your CEO for an orientation walk down Cheonggyecheon Stream to learn about Seoul while walking past small waterfalls and nearly two dozen overhead bridges. Then, enjoy the dense grid of streets found in the bustling neighbourhood of Myeongdong which is packed with people at all hours of the day looking to enjoy some of the best shopping, street food, and nightlife in all of Korea. Opt for a group dinner to end your first night!
SEOUL Location Information Description
SEOUL, South Korea
Sit back and relax on a private bus and enjoy a tour of the bustling metropolis where modern skyscrapers, high-tech subways and pop culture meet Buddhist temples and street markets. Visit Gyengbokgung Palace, the National Folklore Museum, Bukchon Hanok Village and Insadong alley.
Location Information Description
Seoul, South Korea
After exploring the city, opt to see a show, explore a local museum, or hit the pavement and eat your way through street markets trying local fares such as bibimbap, soondae, and kimchi.
SEOUL/BUSAN Location Information Description
Busan, South Korea
After breakfast, board a high speed bullet train for a relaxing morning ride through the countryside to Busan. On arrival to the seaside city, visit the bustling Jagalchi fish market, Gukjesijang market, Yongdusan Park and the colourful Gamcheon Culture Village before an overnight stay in a local temple.
Stay in rooms called Ondol. These rooms are very traditional, heated to be cozy and comfortable, with beds made up directly on the floor. The rooms here are multi-share, divided up by male and female rooms. Enjoy a traditional dinner and breakfast during the stay. Have the opportunity to learn about temple etiquette, experience the daily drum and bell ritual, craft your own prayer beads and take an easy hike up to the oldest and highest temple in Busan for morning meditation.
BUSAN Location Information Description
Busan, South Korea
Enjoy a peaceful morning meditation before travelling to the picturesque 14th century seaside temple hidden in the rocks - Haedong Yonggungsa. After exploring the temple, check in to your hotel and get your bearings with an orientation walk on Haeundae Beach and Dongbaek Island (APEC House).
Go for a swim and relax at the beach or perhaps enjoy a light stroll on Dongbaek Island. Spend the evening getting to know colorful Busan, opt to treat yourself at a Jjimjilbang spa or sing your heart out at a popular karaoke bar.
Libero Hotel Haeundae
BUSAN/GYEONGJU-SI Location Information Description
Gyeongju, South Korea
Enjoy a day trip to Yangdong Folk Village, a 500-year-old UNESCO site located in Gyeongju National Park, to get a feel for life during the early Joseon Dynasty.
Continue to the next UNESCO site of Bulguksa Temple located on the slopes of Mount Toham and admire the national treasures such as Dabotap and Seokgatap stone pagodas, Cheongun-gyo, and two gilt-bronze statues of Buddha.
Afterwards, experience the oldest surviving astronomical observatory in Asia, Cheomseongdae Observatory, and the surrounding Royal Tombs.
Swiss Rosen Hotel - Gyeongju
GYEONGJU-SI/SEOUL Location Information Description
Seoul, South Korea
After arriving in Seoul by train, head to check out Korea's oldest traditional market - Namdaemun Market. Then make your way by cable car to N Seoul Tower to see this beautiful landmark and opt to make the trip up to the observation deck if you're feeling adventurous.
Spend the rest of your day in Seoul opting to see Banpo Bridge, the floating islands, or hanging out in the Gangnam district.
SEOUL Location Information Description
Seoul, South Korea
Visit the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), founded in 1953, separating North and South Korea. With over a million soldiers on watch each day, it is one of the last remnants of the Cold War.
With a buffer zone 4km wide and spanning 250 km long there has been very little development in the area, therefore nature and wildlife have pretty much taken over. Spend about 3-4 hours visiting the Demilitarized Zone, then head to The War Memorial of Korea. Later, return back to Seoul for another night in the city.
SEOUL Location Information Description
Seoul, South Korea
Depart at anytime.
- TRANSPORTATION IN MALDIVES Public Ferries in the Maldives: This is the main mode of travel between the islands, and is the key way to travel the Maldives on a budget. Most of the ferry boats that are being used are called “Dhoni” which are local boats. Dhoni or Doni (pronounced Dōni) is a multi-purpose sail boat with a motor that is commonly used in the Maldives. It is handcrafted and its use within the multi-island nation has been very important. A dhoni resembles a dhow, a traditional Arab sailing vessel. The traditional dhoni is one of the oldest known sea vessels in the region. Many of these traditional sailing vessels were, of necessity, built using coconut palm timber. The sailing dhoni was used in earlier days by Maldivian fishermen. During the industrial revolution many fisherman changed to a motorized dhoni.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.