National Geographic Journeys
Immerse yourself in ancient cities, rich culture, significant religious sites, and spectacular natural wonders on an Explore Jordan, escorted tour. This wondrous vacation travels from Amman to Jerash, Mount Nebo, the Dead Sea, Madaba, Wadi Musa, Wadi Rum, Petra and Bethany. Highlights include an overnight in a tented desert camp, 4x4 desert excursion and visitng Petra's iconic treasury, Al-Khazneh.
Jordan is brimming with fantastic opportunities to walk through history and witness some of Mother Nature's finest work. Stroll through ancient colonnaded streets, soaring temples and squares of the Roman ruins in Jerash. Learn to prepare traditional dishes in a cooking class at a women-run café. On a scenic drive along King's Highway, stop and see Moses' Promised Land from Mount Nebo. See the magnificent Byzantine mosaics in Madaba. Enter world-renowned Petra through the Siq and take a guided tour. You'll also spend time with an archaeologist to learn about ongoing excavations. Take a thrilling 4x4 tour of red sand dunes and towering sandstone arches amid incredible rock formations and petroglyphs. After a wonderful dinner, join a Bedouin guide for an evening stroll to witness the spectacularly starry night skies over the desert, Wadi Rum. Go for a float at the earth's lowest land elevation at the Dead Sea.
8 Days • fr. $1,899
Tour Highlights & Offers
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Women's Cooking Class & lunch, Jerash
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Petra Archaeologist Talk, Wādī Mūsá
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Wadi Rum Night Walk, Wadi Rum
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Beit Khayrat Souf women-run cafe, Jerash
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Numeira Community Cafe Lunch, Jordan Valley
- VISIT Amman Citadel
- TOUR the National Archaeological Museum
- EXPLORE Jerash and the Madaba mosaics
- VISIT Mount Nebo
- ESCORTED TOUR Petra
- GUIDED Wadi Rum desert 4x4 excursion
- VISIT Bethany
- FLOAT in the Dead Sea
- ATTEND an archaeologist lecture
- GAIN INSIGHTS into the Bedouin way of life
- SCENIC DRIVE along the King’s Highway
- LOOK for ancient petroglyphs
- ENJOY a typical Bedouin feast
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Private van/bus, 4x4, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$225-$295 for meals not included
- Landmark Amman Hotel, in Amman (3 nights)
- Hotel Petra Moon in Wadi Musa (2 nights)
- Rahayeb Camp in Wadi Rum (1 night)
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Jordan in Sweimeh (1 night)
AMMAN Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer is included. Arrive in Amman at any time, there are no planned activities. Meet your CEO this evening for a welcome meeting to learn more about the tour and plans for the following day, choose to head out for an optional dinner at a local restaurant with your CEO and the group.
Landmark Amman Hotel
AMMAN Location Information Description
Awake in the Jordanian capital and venture to Jerash, home to one of the world’s largest and most well-preserved Roman ruins. Wander amid the colonnaded streets, soaring temples, and spacious squares of this ancient city.
Next visit a G Adventures–supported café run by local women, where you’ll enjoy a cooking class and delicious traditional lunch. Back in Amman, visit the Jordan Archaeological Museum and explore the ruins of the Citadel—one of the oldest continually inhabited places in the world.
Landmark Amman Hotel
AMMAN/WĀDĪ MŪSÁ Location Information Description
Depart early towards Petra, driving along the scenic King’s Highway. Stop at Mount Nebo, where Moses was offered a glimpse of the Promised Land according to the Hebrew Bible. Take in stunning views of the Dead Sea from the summit, and continue to Madaba, famed for its Byzantine mosaics—including the oldest surviving map of the Holy Land.
Location Information Description
Wadi Musa, Jordan
Arrive in Wadi Musa, your base for exploring Petra, and enjoy a talk by an archaeologist about the legendary sandstone city and the ongoing excavations taking place there.
Hotel Petra Moon
WĀDĪ MŪSÁ Location Information Description
Wadi Musa, Jordan
Rise early to discover the legendary city of Petra, carved out of sandstone cliffs by the Nabataean Arabs as early as the second century BC. Venture into the city by way of a gorge called the Siq, and enjoy a guided walking tour of the magnificent rose-red ruins.
Spend some time exploring on your own before returning to your hotel. This evening, opt to experience Petra by night, when the site glows in the light of thousands of candles, and take in a performance of Bedouin music.
Hotel Petra Moon
PETRA/WADI RUM Location Information Description
Wadi Rum, Jordan
After breakfast, continue to Wadi Rum—a vast landscape of sweeping red sand dunes and towering sandstone arches. Enjoy lunch at your desert camp, then set out on a thrilling 4x4 excursion into the desert. Drive past spectacular rock formations, look for ancient petroglyphs, and pick the perfect spot to watch the sunset.
Return to camp for a typical Bedouin feast. Later, head out with your Bedouin guide for a nighttime walk, admiring the dazzling, starry skies of the desert.
Spend the night in a simple, but comfortable desert camp; The authentic goat-wool tent provides a glimpse into traditional Bedouin living. Each tent has an ensuite and is outfitted with sheets, pillows, a raised bed, towels, electricity and thick covers against the desert cold. While the accommodation is simple, it's quite comfortable and offers a truly unique experience.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
WADI RUM/DEAD SEA Location Information Description
Dead Sea Movenpick, Jordan
Travel towards the Dead Sea, one of the saltiest bodies of water on the planet. Stop for lunch at a G Adventures–supported community café, located on lush green farmland surrounded by desert.
Continue to the shores of the Dead Sea and settle into your hotel. Spend the rest of the day relaxing poolside, or choose to take a dip in the mineral-rich waters of the lake, long known for their therapeutic properties.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Jordan
DEAD SEA/AMMAN Location Information Description
Enjoy a visit to the archaeological remains of Bethany, where Jesus is believed to have been baptized. Explore the churches, chapels, monasteries, and caves of this fascinating UNESCO World Heritage site, then travel back to Amman. Join the group for an optional farewell dinner tonight.
Landmark Amman Hotel
AMMAN Location Information Description
Depart at any time. Check-out time from the hotel is normally mid-morning, but luggage storage facilities are available.
- AGE REQUIREMENT: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Please note that Ramadan is a month of fasting observed by Muslims throughout the world, during which time the followers of Islam should not eat or drink between sunrise and sunset. There may be some limitations to services and disruptions to schedules during Ramadan, but generally our tours still operate effectively during this period and food is available to non-Muslims throughout the day. It is very important to display increased cultural sensitivity during Ramadan. Please wear loose fitting clothes, that cover knees and shoulders, and try to avoid eating, drinking or smoking in public out of respect for those who can't at that time.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.