Best of Poland
Delve into tradition, history, comfort food and more on this Best of Poland, 11 Day tour. Visit favorite cities including Warsaw, Gdansk, Torun, Wroclaw, Zakopane, Kraków and Czestochowa. Fascinating sites include Jasna Góra Monastery's iconic Black Madonna, Auschwitz and the house of famed astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus. This journey will exercise your complete range of emotions.
Explore the history, enduring traditions and fascinating culture of Poland. See the lovely city of Warsaw as it was rebuilt after the devastation of the war. Tour one of the oldest cities in Poland which is also the Amber capital of the world, Gdansk. In Torun,a medieval town and UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site enjoy a guided tour including this city's Leaning Tower, Torun Castle and the home of astronomer, Nicolaus Copernicus. Meander through the city accompanied by a local specialist to see Wroclaw Cathedral, the Main Market Square, Old Town Hall and Salt Square's flower market. Be the dinner guests of a local family featuring local specialties. A walking tour in Kraków includes the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church. Stop in to a traditional milk bar for pierogies, soups and nostalgia. Travel back to World War II's dark days with a visit to Auschwitz Concentration Camp. View the iconic Black Madonna of Czestochowa in Jasna Góra Monastery. This journey is laden with memorable moments you will treasure.
11 Days • fr. $2,375
- ORIENTATION of Zakopane
- VIEW the Cathedral, Salt Square and the Old Town Hall in Wrocław
- LOCAL SPECIALIST in Warsaw
- GUIDED TOUR in Gdansk
- GUIDED SIGHTSEEING in Toruń
- SPECIALIST GUIDED TOUR in Wrocław
- LOCAL GUIDE in Krakow
- VISIT the Old Town in Warsaw
- UNESCO World Heritage town of Toruń,
- SEE the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church in Kraków
- VISIT the former concentration camp, Auschwitz
- SEE Jasna Góra Monastery in Częstochowa
- VIEW the European Solidarity Centre
- JOIN a local family for dinner with local specialties in the Polish Highlands
- WITNESS Baroque Aula Leopoldina at Wrocław University
- EXPLORE Gdańsk, the amber capital of the world
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Mercure Centrum in Warsaw, Poland (3 nights)
- Radisson Hotel & Suites in Gdańsk, Poland (2 nights)
- Novotel Wrocław Centrum in Wrocław, Poland (2 nights)
- Hotel Mercure Kasprowy Zakopane in Zakopane, Poland (1 night)
- Qubus Hotel Kraków in Kraków, Poland (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE WARSAW Location Information Description
Connect with Warsaw's steadfast spirit - a city rebuilt from the ashes of World War II. After check-in this afternoon, relax and unwind or take a stroll through the city. This evening meet your fellow travellers and Travel Director at the hotel.
WARSAW SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
This morning, embark on an in-depth guided sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. See the iconic and unexpected highlights of what has been the capital of Poland since the late 16th century. Gain a deeper understanding of how the city was rebuilt after the devastation of the Second World War.
WARSAW - GDANSK SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Journey to Gdańsk, the amber capital of the world and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Enjoy a sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist', exploring the major attractions of this Baltic center. Then, 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to the European Solidarity Centre which reveals the history of Solidarity, the Polish trade union and civil resistance movement. Tonight, dinner is served at your hotel.
Radisson Hotel & Suites
GDANSK FREE DAY OR OPTIONAL EXPERIENCE TO MALBORK Location Information Description
Enjoy a full free day to explore Gdańsk on your terms. Admire the architecture in the historic Long market and wander down Long Lane to Golden Gate, or consider purchasing an Optional Experience to visit Malbork Castle, founded by the Teutonic Order of Knights in 1274.
Radisson Hotel & Suites
GDANSK - TORUN - WROCLAW Location Information Description
Stop in the medieval town of Toruń this morning, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. You'll join your 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour that will reveal the city's Leaning Tower, the house of famed astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus and Toruń Castle, among other key attractions.
Location Information Description
Continue to Wrocław, a former European Capital of Culture. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
WROCLAW SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
This morning, join your 'Local Specialist' on a guided tour of the city. Discover its complex history and see some of its most important sites, including Wrocław Cathedral, the Main Market Square, Old Town Hall and Salt Square, a former medieval marketplace and today, a flower market.
'Dive Into Culture' and visit the Baroque ceremonial hall of Aula Leopoldina at Wrocław University. This afternoon, consider joining an Optional Experience to Książ Castle and UNESCO-listed Świdnica Church of Peace.
WROCLAW - ZAKOPANE Location Information Description
Your journey today takes you towards the foot of the Tatra Mountains, the highest mountain range of the Carpathians, which stretch roughly 1500km across Central Europe. Spend some free time enjoying the local town.
Break bread with a local Polish family at the foothills of the Tatra Mountains in Zakopane. You'll 'Connect With Locals' and gain insights into their way of life in the Polish Highlands, while enjoying a home-cooked 'Be My Guest' dinner featuring local specialties.
ZAKOPANE - KRAKOW SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Travel to Kraków where you will enjoy views of the Royal Castle and Cathedral on Wawel Hill during your tour with a 'Local Specialist'. Your walking tour through the Old Town includes a visit to the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church.
KRAKOW FREE TIME Location Information Description
Consider purchasing an Optional Experience to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, renowned as the Underground Salt Cathedral of Poland and home to an entire chapel carved from rock salt, as well as dozens of sculptures.
The rest of the day is yours to explore the sights on your own. Enjoy a slice of Polish Sernik Babci on the Old Town Square, visit a traditional milk bar or enjoy an evening of Polish folklore.
KRAKOW - AUSCHWITZ - CZESTOCHOWA - WARSAW Location Information Description
Your journey this morning takes you to the concentration camp at Auschwitz, a poignant reminder of the horrors perpetrated during the Holocaust.
Location Information Description
Travelling to Jasna Góra Monastery, you'll rub shoulders with Catholic pilgrims, who have journeyed to the famous shrine for centuries to see the iconic Black Madonna of Częstochowa.
Location Information Description
This evening, arrive in Warsaw, where you'll enjoy a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends.
DEPART WARSAW Location Information Description
Say farewell to your travel companions and Travel Director at the end of a wonderful holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.