Capitals of the North
Visit some of Europe's most fascinating cities on this Capitals of the North, 15 Day tour. This journey sets off in Denmark and proceeds through Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia. Featuring famous cathedrals, medieval fortresses, gorgeous museums, historic statues, lush greenery and ornate domes, this vacation is brimming with beauty and photographic opportunities.
Embark on a thrilling encounter with fairy-tale cities and imperial capitals. Explore Viking history and learn about Russian tsars as you travel through lovely cities. Visit some of Copenhagen's most beautiful castles and dote on your inner child at Tivoli Gardens, Europe's oldest amusement park. Stroll along the lovely boulevards and waterfront promenades of Oslo. Enjoy the scenery in Vigeland Sculpture Park. Enjoy an eco-friendly dinner where kings once walked in Sweden. Witness the blend of Swedish and Russian heritage visible in Helsinki. A small group tour of the stunning Hermitage is a fest for the eyes. Admire the intricate and iconic domes and colorful mosaics of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and the gold-plated dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral. Study the captivating architecture in Moscow's Red Square. The experiences from this exploration of culture, art and history will shine brightly in your memories for many years.
15 Days • fr. $4,045
Tour Highlights & Offers
- GUIDED SIGHTSEEING in Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Moscow
- SMALL GROUP TOUR of the Hermitage Museum
- LEARN about The St. Petersburg Theatre of Youth
- ECO-FRIENDLY organic dining experience
- VIEW Red Square and the Walls of the Kremlin in Moscow
- SEE the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great in St. Petersburg
- ADMIRE the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen
- WITNESS the Finlandia Hall in Helsinki
- VISIT Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo
- SEE the City Hall in Stockholm
- VIEW Russia's Peter and Paul Fortress and St. Basil's Cathedral
- SCENIC CRUISE across the Baltic Sea
- SEE Børsen, Christiansborg Palace and Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen
- TRAVEL by high speed train and ferry
- VISIT Akershus, the Royal Palace and the Opera House in Oslo
- VIEW Storkyrkan, Riddarholmen Church and the Royal Palace in Stockholm
- WITNESS the Sibelius Monument, the Olympic Stadium and the Opera House in Helsinki
- ADMIRE the collections of Russia's tsars and tsarinas since the mid-18th century
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Phoenix Copenhagen in Copenhagen, Denmark (2 nights)
- Scandic Solli in Oslo, Norway (2 nights)
- Elite Palace in Stockholm, Sweden (2 nights)
- Overnight Ferry from Sweden to Finland (1 night)
- Holiday Inn City Centre in Helsinki, Finland (1 night)
- Park Inn by Radisson Nevsky in St. Petersburg, Russia (3 nights)
- Hilton Leningradskaya in Moscow, Russia (3 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE COPENHAGEN Location Information Description
Write your own epic tale of enchanting capitals on this unforgettable journey through Northern Europe, which begins in Copenhagen. Spend a leisurely afternoon connecting with its hygge atmosphere along the colorful façades of Nyhavn, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and evening orientation drive.
This evening, check in to your Stays With Stories accommodation, the historic Phoenix Hotel in the heart of Copenhagen’s most elegant district. The hotel may be stylishly renovated but its walls whisper the secrets of its rich history since the late 17th century.
COPENHAGEN SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join a 'Local Specialist' today for a sightseeing tour of the iconic sights of Copenhagen. See the beloved Little Mermaid, immortalized in Hans Christian Andersen's woeful tale, the Renaissance Stock Exchange, and the exquisite Royal palaces of Amalienborg and Christiansborg.
Spend your afternoon strolling through the city's streets or embrace your inner child in Europe's oldest amusement park, the Tivoli Gardens. An afternoon at leisure could see you stroll down Strøget and rub shoulders with the locals. Enjoy coffee and people-watch along the Langelinie promenade.
COPENHAGEN - OSLO Location Information Description
For now, it's a fond farvel to Copenhagen and a bright and cheery hej to Sweden. You'll cross the Øresund by ferry and wind your way north, through the Swedish countryside past Gothenburg to Norway. You'll want to keep your camera handy to capture the scenic landscapes that line your route to Oslo, Norway's down-to-earth capital, where the Norwegian philosophy of friluftsliv can be felt along the flower-lined boulevards and bustling waterfront promenades.
OSLO SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join your 'Local Specialist' this morning for a sightseeing tour of Oslo. See the medieval fortress of Akershus, the elegant Royal Palace and Oslo Opera House and visit Vigeland Sculpture Park. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore the city on your terms.
OSLO - STOCKHOLM Location Information Description
Cross the border into Sweden today and continue via Karlstad on Lake Vänern, the largest lake in the European Union. Passing Örebro, you'll arrive in the island-ringed capital of Stockholm.
Elite Palace Hotel
STOCKHOLM SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join your 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour this morning, including sights of Stockholm's historic mother church, Storkyrkan, the Royal Palace and a visit to City Hall.
This evening 'Connect with Locals' over dinner during a 'Be My Guest' eco-friendly experience of Swedish hospitality amidst the former hunting and fishing grounds of Swedish kings.
Elite Palace Hotel
STOCKHOLM FREE TIME - AT SEA Location Information Description
Spend your day exploring the city on your own or perhaps purchase an excursion to the Vasa Museum showcasing the 17th-century warship reclaimed from the seabed. This evening, board an overnight ferry and cross the Baltic bound for Finland.
Overnight on Ferry
AT SEA - HELSINKI SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
After an early arrival in Helsinki, meet your 'Local Specialist' for an introduction to the city's iconic sights and its Swedish and Russian heritage. See the modern marble façades of Finlandia Hall, the Senate and the colorful stalls in Market Square. Enjoy a Regional Dinner with your fellow travel companions.
Holiday Inn City Centre
HELSINKI - ST. PETERSBURG Location Information Description
Saint Petersburg/Russia, Russia
Depart Finland and journey to the imperial city of St. Petersburg. Here, Peter the Great's magic touch on its pastel-hued façades and elegant canals provides the perfect introduction to your adventure through Russia. Tonight, dinner is served at your hotel.
Park Inn by Radisson Nevsky
ST. PETERSBURG SIGHTSEEING AND HERMITAGE MUSEUM VISIT Location Information Description
Saint Petersburg/Russia, Russia
Explore opulent royal history and the might of imperial Russia on a sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. View the magnificent Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great, whose inspired vision for this Baltic settlement saw it rival even the most sophisticated of European capitals.
Explore the Peter and Paul Fortress on an included visit before you 'Connect With Locals', meeting some of the students of St. Petersburg's Theatre for an unforgettable stage performance and canapés at this 'Be My Guest' experience. Learn how your visit will 'Make A Difference' to the theatrical education of St. Petersburg's youth.
Later, join a Small Group Sightseeing visit with a 'Local Specialist' to the Hermitage Museum. Occupying five buildings on the banks of the Neva, the Hermitage features some three million artefacts, representing the development of world culture and art from the stone age to the 20th century.
Park Inn by Radisson Nevsky
ST. PETERSBURG AT LEISURE Location Information Description
Saint Petersburg/Russia, Russia
The narrow lanes and grand boulevards of St. Petersburg are yours to explore today. Admire the ornate domes and colorful mosaics of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and the gold-plated dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral.
Park Inn by Radisson Nevsky
ST. PETERSBURG - HIGH SPEED TRAIN - MOSCOW Location Information Description
After a hearty breakfast, enjoy some time at leisure before boarding a train to the Russian capital. En route, contemplate the tumultuous and captivating history of an ancient city that oozes grandeur, and the indomitable spirit of the Russian nation which saw it send the first man to outer space. Straddling the Moskva River, this city is the country's political, economic, religious and financial hub - and your home for the next three nights.
MOSCOW SIGHTSEEING AND AT LEISURE Location Information Description
The imposing Red Square - the site of grand celebrations and beautiful architecture - takes center stage this morning during a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Visit inside St. Basil's Cathedral and see the Kremlin Walls and towers before spending some time at leisure exploring the sights. Perhaps stroll along the banks of Moskva River.
MOSCOW AT LEISURE Location Information Description
Kick-start your morning immersing yourself in the kofe culture of Moscow, before taking to its streets to learn about its triumphs and defeats. Consider visiting one of the city's fascinating museums, explore the city's extraordinary literary and artistic heritage. Perhaps purchase an Optional Experience to the 14th-century Sergiyev Posad, a place of pilgrimage and the largest religious and cultural center in Russia.
This evening, toast to the magic and magnificence of Mother Russia, joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
DEPART MOSCOW Location Information Description
Say a fond farewell to Russia and newfound friends after your memorable holiday comes to an end after breakfast. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.