Days of Devotion
Faith Based Travel
Embark on a journey of faith as you follow the paths of pilgrims on this Days of Devotion escorted tour. Visit some of the most sacred religious centers in Europe as you travel from Barcelona, Spain to Lisbon, Portugal. Attend services, including an evening Pilgrim's Mass. Learn the story of story of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes. Visit the Cathedral of Saint Mary of Burgos. A meaningful and fulfilling exploration awaits.
Treat your spiritual self to a tour of Gaudí's iconic La Sagrada Família in Barcelona. In Lourdes, join the Torchlight Procession, dating back to 1858. Here you'll sing the Ave Maria of Lourdes with international believers. Delve into the story of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes, who witnessed the Marian apparitions of the Immaculate Conception. Admire the treasures inside UNESCO-listed Cathedral of Saint Mary of Burgos and see the tomb of El Cid. In the footsteps of Saint James, make your way to Santiago de Compostela where you may attend Pilgrim's Mass. At the end of Camino de Santiago you'll visit the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, believed to be the final resting place of the apostle James. Walk the path taken by millions to the shrine where three young shepherds famously saw the apparition of the Virgin Mary in Fátima followed by evening Rosary. In Aljustrel, see the home in which the shepherds once lived. In Lisbon venture to Belém Tower and visit the exquisite 15th-century Hieronymite Monastery.
12 Days • fr. $3,675
Tour Highlights & Offers
- EXPLORE Barcelona and Burgos
- LOCAL SPECIALIST in Carcassonne and Lourdes
- GUIDED TOUR Santiago de Compostela and Lisbon
- VIEW Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona
- SEE medieval city walls of Carcassonne
- WITNESS the Monument to Discoveries and Belem Tower in Lisbon
- VISIT La Sagrada Família in Barcelona
- EXPLORE the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes
- TOUR Burgos Cathedral and St. James Cathedral in Santiago
- VISIT the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima and the Hieronymites Monastery in Lisbon
- ATTEND Mass in Lourdes, Santiago de Compostela and Fátima
- ADMIRE Gaudí's fairy-tale architecture and creative genius
- JOIN stirring Torchlight Procession in Lourdes, singing the Ave Maria with fellow pilgrims
- ENJOY wine tasting in a winery dating back to 1858
- EXCLUSIVE dinner at a family adega in Lisbon's Terras Vedras
- MARVEL at double-ring of ramparts and 52 towers of the Cité
- VISIT St. Bernadette's Grotto, the shrine and her birthplace
- SEE the tomb of El Cid
- EXPLORE the UNESCO-listed Cathedral of Saint Mary of Burgos
- ATTEND Pilgrim's Mass
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel in Barcelona, Spain (2 nights)
- Mercure Carcassonne La Cité Hotel in Carcassonne, France (1 night)
- Hôtel Mercure Lourdes Impérial in Lourdes, France (2 nights)
- NH Collection Palacio de Burgos in Burgos, Spain (1 night)
- Hotel Eurostars San Lázaro in Santiago de Compostela, Spain (2 nights)
- Hotel Fátima in Fátima, Portugal (2 nights)
- NEYA Lisboa Hotel in Lisboa, Portugal (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
WELCOME TO BARCELONA Location Information Description
Give thanks to God in a city that embraces religious tolerance; a city that celebrates the Glory of God in some of the world's most inspiring churches.
You'll have free time to explore Barcelona before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Welcome Reception and orientation of the city to kickstart your journey.
Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel
EXPLORE BUSTLING BARCELONA Location Information Description
Spend the morning exploring Barcelona in the company of your Local Specialist. You'll Dive Into Culture for an opportunity to see the fairy-tale façades of La Sagrada Família, stepping through its intricately carved doors and into the creative genius of Gaudí's mind. The soaring spires and exquisitely told stories reflected on its outside walls cannot prepare you for the beauty within.
The rest of the day is yours to explore. You may consider joining an Optional Experience to Montserrat to see the shrine of the Black Madonna, affectionately known in Catalonia as 'La Moreneta', followed by an optional evening of twirling skirts, clapping and castanets at an evening Flamenco show.
Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel
JOURNEY TO ANCIENT CARACASSONE Location Information Description
Journey north, across the Pyrenees and Cathar landscapes bound for the fortified city of Carcassonne. Join a Local Specialist to explore this ancient town.
You'll view the Cité, said to have inspired Walt Disney for his Castle of Sleeping Beauty, and see the double-ring of ramparts and 52 towers. Dinner is at your hotel this evening.
Mercure Porte de la Cité
ONWARDS TO LOURDES Location Information Description
A leisurely start to the day sees you journey west to Lourdes, the global center of the Marian pilgrimage. Embark on an orientation tour with your Travel Director for a taste of what you can look forward to tomorrow.
As the sun sets, join your fellow pilgrims as you Dive Into Culture for the poignant Torchlight Procession, which has moved through the city's streets since 1858. Join believers from all over the world in singing the Ave Maria of Lourdes - an unforgettable experience.
SEE THE WONDROUS SIGHTS IN LOURDES Location Information Description
This morning, you'll have an opportunity to attend Sunday Mass. Then trace the story of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes, who witnessed the Marian apparitions of the Immaculate Conception. A Local Specialist will accompany you on a visit to St. Bernadette's Grotto, the shrine and her birthplace.
OFF TO UNCOVER THE TREASURES OF BURGOS Location Information Description
Your spiritual interlude with France at its end, you'll pass through the Basque Country and continue to Burgos, the historic capital of Castile.
Meet your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of its medieval centre, with the highlight being a visit to the UNESCO-listed Cathedral of Saint Mary of Burgos. Here you'll have time to admire the Gothic and Renaissance treasures inside and see the tomb of El Cid, the celebrated Castilian nobleman and a national hero.
Enjoy dinner tonight at a local restaurant. NH Collection Palacio
NH Collection Palacio
PILGRIMAGE TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA Location Information Description
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Follow in the footsteps of Saint James, crossing the Spanish 'North' to Santiago de Compostela. Imagine the thousands of pilgrims who have embarked on this spiritual path for centuries as you journey west through the rolling countryside.
On arrival, your Travel Director will provide a brief orientation of the city after which you'll have some time at leisure to explore on your own. This evening, you have an opportunity to attend Pilgrim's Mass during which you'll hear all the names of the pilgrims who have been received in the city in the last day.
Eurostars San Lázaro
DISCOVER SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA Location Information Description
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Join a Local Specialist this morning for a sightseeing tour which includes a visit to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. Reputed to be the final resting place of the apostle James, this Romanesque medieval cathedral marks the end of the Camino de Santiago.
This afternoon, explore Santiago de Compostela at your leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to the coastal center of Rías Baixas. Enjoy dinner at your hotel this evening.
Eurostars San Lázaro
VENTURE TO FATIMA Location Information Description
Leave Spain behind and journey south to Portugal, to the Catholic pilgrimage site of Fátima. Walk the path followed by millions of pilgrims to the shrine where three young shepherds famously saw the apparition of the Virgin Mary.
Your orientation tour will give you an overview of this religious center. This evening you'll join worshippers from all over the world at an evening Rosary.
FATIMA YOUR WAY Location Information Description
You'll journey on the Fátima Tourist Train (tickets included) to the tiny village of Aljustrel, where the three shepherds once lived, to see their humble home which stands to this day.
Explore Fatima at your leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to Nazaré and Batalha, with its impressive Monastery of Santa Maria da Vitória na Batalha built in the 15th century to pay homage to the Portuguese victory at the Battle of Aljubarrota.
CONTINUE TO COLORFUL LISBON Location Information Description
A short journey this morning sees you arrive in Lisbon. You'll meet a Local Specialist who will accompany you on a drive through the lush avenues of the Portuguese capital, past the black and white mosaic pavements, bound for Belém, a district on the River Tejo.
Location Information Description
You'll see the Monument to the Discoveries and the Belém Tower before you Dive Into Culture and visit the exquisite 15th-century Hieronymite Monastery.
Location Information Description
After a day of sightseeing, Connect With Locals joining a Portuguese family for an exclusive Be My Guest Farewell Dinner.
FAFREWELL LISBON Location Information Description
Say farewell to newfound friends after a memorable spiritual journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.