Enjoy the mystique of one of Europe's playgrounds for the hip, rich and famous on this Riviera Explorer 8 Day tour. Begin in Nice and journey through France, Italy and Monaco. Visit Dolceaqua, Côte d'Azur, and Antibes. Walk in the footsteps of famous artists. See the Grand Casino and Grand Prix track. Learn about Adam and Eve's relation to Bay of Angels. This vacation will linger in your memory for years to come.
The gorgeous Riviera has an allure all its own. Learn about the multiple fascinating legends and breathtaking beauty found in Bay of Angels. Witness a spectacular 11th century castle in Dolceaqua. Claude Monet featured a bridge in multiple works, take the opportunity to stroll across it. Try one of Nice's most famous dishes, ratatouille. See Monaco's iconic Grand Casino and parts of the Grand Prix track. Visit Fragonard Parfumerie, creating magical scents since the 1920s. A guided tour showcases Place Massena and the Promenade des Anglais. Enjoy taggiasche olives during a luncheon and olive oil tasting at an Italian agriturismo. Spend time in the medieval town Èze, taking advantage of incredible views of Côte d'Azur. Visit the official residence of the ruling Grimaldi Prince of Monaco. Honey-hued façades and busy market squares welcome visitors to Antibes as do the beautiful private yachts moored in the harbor. The memories and friends made on this journey will last a lifetime.
8 Days • fr. $2,225
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Dolceaqua, Monaco and Antibes
- VISIT the Place Massena
- TOUR Èze
- EXPERIENCE the Monaco Palace and Cathedral
- DINE at an agriturismo in Italy's Nervia Valley
- VISIT French perfumery creating scents since the 1920s
- TASTING of local olive oil
- LOCAL SPECIALISTS for Nice sightseeing
- CROSS picturesque bridge from several Claude Monet paintings
- VISIT medieval Èze
- SEE the Roman-Byzantine Monaco Cathedral
- EXPLORE markets of Antibes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Ellington Hotel in Nice, France (7 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE NICE Location Information Description
Stretch your legs on sun-kissed Mediterranean shores, strolling in the footsteps of generations of English aristocrats who once chose Nice to be their holiday retreat. On arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel and will have the day to embark on your own exploration of Nice, before joining your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception.
NICE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Delve into the Italian heritage of Nice's elegant Old Town when you join a 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour that will take you to the heart of the city, Place Massena. You'll see the Promenade des Anglais along which the who's who of Europe once relished beautiful seaside views. Then, see the Bay of Angels, apparently named for the mythical angels who are said to have shown Adam and Eve a new home as lush and beautiful as the Eden they could no longer enter.
Your afternoon is free to explore the city your way. Resist the urge to hit the beach and consider purchasing an Optional Experience to the medieval hilltop town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a favorite haunt of the rich and famous.
ITALIAN EXCURSION Location Information Description
Begin your day in the hilltop village of Dolceaqua with its 11th-century castle. Tread in the footsteps of Claude Monet, walking across the picturesque bridge depicted in several of his paintings.
Location Information Description
Rocchetta Nervina, Italy
Continue with a visit to an Italian agriturismo in Rocchetta Nervina. 'Dive Into Culture' and savor the flavors of taggiasche olives grown on-site during an olive oil tasting and lunch, featuring some of the owner's favorite local dishes using only products grown on their land.
NICE AT LEISURE OR OPTIONAL ST. TROPEZ AND CANNES EXPERIENCE Location Information Description
After a few days of sightseeing you may be tempted to spend your full free day sprawled on a sun-lounger with a cocktail.
If you can pull yourself away from the pool, consider a full-day Optional Experience to St. Tropez and Cannes. You'll embark on a drive along the scenic coast to Sainte-Maxime and board a boat to St. Tropez where you'll have some free time for lunch and your own exploration. Returning to Nice, you'll stop in Cannes, and view the Palais des Festivals, home of the annual film festival.
Tonight, enjoy a free evening strolling through the elegant streets of Nice in search of a rich Ratatouille, for which the town is justifiably famous.
COTE D'AZUR AND MONACO EXCURSION Location Information Description
Cote d'Azur, France
Follow the scenic Moyenne Corniche, bound for the Principality of Monaco. You'll 'Dive Into Culture' and stop at Fragonard Parfumerie, which has been crafting delicate French scents since the 1920s. A stop in medieval Èze delivers panoramic views of the sparkling Côte d'Azur, before you continue to La Turbie for a remarkable photo opportunity of Monaco.
Location Information Description
See the remnants of Roman rule before following the winding road down to the coast to the glamour of Monaco. Here you'll visit the Roman-Byzantine Monaco Cathedral and the Prince's Palace, a 12th-century Genoese fortress and the official residence of the ruling Grimaldi Prince of Monaco.
Location Information Description
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Experience lifestyles of the rich and famous at a dinner in Monaco-Ville before you embark on a scenic drive to Monte Carlo, to see the Grand Casino and parts of the Monaco Grand Prix race track.
EXCURSION TO ANTIBES - MARKETS AND MEGA YACHTS Location Information Description
Follow the Mediterranean coastline south to Antibes, once the haunt of Pablo Picasso. Join your Travel Director for an orientation tour before pounding the pavements on your own.
Alternatively, head down to the harbor to admire the many private yachts moored there. Later, you’ll enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest experience as you Connect With Locals over a hearty lunch.
NICE AT LEISURE Location Information Description
Get your final fix of Nice on this full free day to explore the city on your own. Explore the legacy of great artists like Matisse and Chagall, spend the morning sunbathing or consider an Optional Experience to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, an elegant seaside villa surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Return to Nice in time for an afternoon at leisure. This evening, you'll join your new friends for a rousing Farewell Dinner as you toast to good times, good friends and some French joie de vivre.
DEPART NICE Location Information Description
Say a fond farewell to your travel companions at the end of your time on the Riviera. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.