Spectacular Canadian Rockies
This exciting Spectacular Canadian Rockies 9 day escorted tour will transport you from Vancouver to Calgary. An eventful itinerary includes sailing the pristine Inside Passage, a rail ride on the thrilling Rocky Mountaineer, stops in picturesque Sitka, Victoria, Banff and Jasper. The varied sights, sounds, tastes and culture of the Canadian Rockies unfolds before you on this immersive journey.
First Nation members warmly welcome you in Kamloops, as they regale you with stories of their culture followed by a delicious dinner. Marvel at the Canadian Rockies highest peak, gloriously snow-capped Mount Robson. Cruise through the pristine Inside Passage and witness icy fjords, lush forests and lovely Sitka. The history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is brought to you by a retired Mountie. Admire postcard perfect waterfalls while in Banff National Park. All aboard the Rocky Mountaineer for a delightfully scenic rail passage. In Victoria, taste Chinatown’s scrumptiously sweet and savory cha siu bao, explore Gastown’s gorgeous Victorian architecture and Stanley Park’s vibrant totem poles. This Canadian Rockies tour brims with memorable moments provided by natural wonders, history, fantastic dining, friendly people and “bucketlist” worthy activities.
9 Days • fr. $2,995
Tour Highlights & Offers
- DISCOVER scenic Vancouver
- TOUR Victoria
- EXPLORE Banff
- VISIT Maligne Canyon
- TAKE a Maligne Lake cruise to Spirit Island
- SCENIC DRIVE along Icefields Parkway
- ADMIRE Butchart Gardens
- MEET a First Nations member in Kamloops
- LEARN from a retired Mountie in Banff
- DINE at a family-owned farm on Vancouver Island
- VIEW Lake Louise
- STROLL through Stanley Park
- VISIT Athabasca Glacier
- EXPERIENCE Mount Robson
- SEE Jasper National Park
- TOUR Banff National Park
- Local specialist for included sightseeing in Monument Valley and at the Grand Canyon
- Meet Stephen Yellowhawk and discover the history of his tribe during a festive evening of dance and song
- Contribute to the preservation of the heritage of Native Americans during a visit to the Crazy Horse Memorial
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Handcrafted Highlights
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Pinnacle Harbourfront in Vancouver, British Columbia (1 night)
- Chateau Victoria in Victoria British Columbia (2 nights)
- South Thompson Inn in Kamloops, British Columbia (1 night)
- Chateau Jasper in Jasper, Alberta (2 nights)
- Banff Park Lodge in Banff, Alberta (2 nights)
ARRIVE VANCOUVER Location Information Description
The soaring peaks of Canada's soul-stirring Rockies take center stage on this epic alpine adventure that begins in Vancouver, one of the world's most livable cities. Spend the day discovering the city's scenic surrounds, then join your Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Welcome Reception this evening.
VANCOUVER– STRAIT OF GEORGIA – VICTORIA Location Information Description
Embark on a morning sightseeing tour of Vancouver's historic neighborhoods. Savor the smells of freshly steamed Siopao in Chinatown and admire the Victorian architecture of Gastown as you make your way to the leafy sanctuary of Stanley Park to view First Nations totem poles.
Location Information Description
Your journey continues by ferry to Vancouver island and Connect with Locals during a Be My Guest lunch visit to a family-owned working farm, where you'll enjoy fresh farm-to-table flavors. Later, enjoy some sightseeing in Victoria.
VICTORIA SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Embrace the Garden City status of Victoria as you greet the day with breakfast at Butchart Gardens, a 55-acre showcase of gorgeous floral gardens that have colorfully transformed what was once an unused quarry.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the walk-friendly capital of British Columbia.
VICTORIA – KAMLOOPS Location Information Description
In Kamloops, the soul-stirring sounds of the Shuswap melodies welcome us, as we gain insights into First Nations' traditions and culture. Be entertained by a storytelling member of the First Nations followed by a delicious dinner.
South Thompson Inn
KAMLOOPS – MOUNT ROBSON – JASPER NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
This afternoon you'll stop at the Mount Robson Visitor Center where you can admire UNESCO-listed Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies in all its 12,972 feet (3,954 meters) of majestic glory.
Travel on to the raw wilderness of Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you'll spend the next two nights.
JASPER NATIONAL PARK SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Join an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon this morning.
Take to the aqua waters and cruise Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island.
After the cruise enjoy a delicious lunch with wine at the lakeside Maligne Lake Chalet.
JASPER – ATHABASCA GLACIER – LAKE LOUISE – BANFF NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
The icy fingers of the Columbia Icefield beckon as we journey along the Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier. Cross its icy terrain on board a specially designed Ice Explorer
Location Information Description
Lake Louise, Canada
Continue on to Lake Louise, where there is time to soak in the majestic beauty of the lake and its turquoise, glacier-fed waters, fringed by high peaks, deep green forests and overlooked by Victoria Glacier.
Location Information Description
Travel to the township of Banff, in the heart of UNESCO-listed Banff National Park. Settle in for an evening at leisure.
Banff Park Lodge
BANFF SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Join a Local Specialist and learn about his experiences as a retired Mountie and the history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls. The rest of the day is free for you to pursue your own interests. Your Travel Director will be available to help plan the perfect day for you.
Tonight, join your newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner to toast the end of this unforgettable encounter with Canada's Rockies.
Banff Park Lodge
BANFF – DEPART CALGARY Location Information Description
Descend from the glorious Canadian Rockies and transfer to Calgary International Airport or to the Westin Calgary if you are extending your stay.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.