This tour of France explores all of the places that one dreams about when thinking of France. Discover the history and beauty of Paris. Visit Honfleur and the Normandy landing beaches. Stroll through Mont St. Michel and its famous abbey and explore the castles in the Loire Valley. Burgundy, Lourdes, Carcassone, Lyon, Nice and Provence are also visited.
The 15 day La France tour from Globus Tours is an action-packed Italian adventure. Checking in at just over two weeks, this tour has an itinerary that just keeps on giving as you visit one Italian destination after another. Italy is a place that commonly exceeds expectations and your vacation there will have no problem delivering on that promise. See what makes France such an amazing country as you travel across it on your 15 day La France tour from Globus Tours.
15 Days • fr. $3,580
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Paris including a visit to Notre Dame Cathedral and the chance to ascend the Eiffel Tower.
- Visit the seaside resort on Honfleur
- Visit Queen Matilda’s tapestry in the Tapestry Museum in Bayeux
- Visit the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach in Normandy
- Enjoy a guided visit to the abbey at Mont St. Michel
- Visit La Roche-aux-Frees in Esse, one the most famous and largest neolithic dolmens tombs in Brittany
- Orientation tour of Angers
- Visit the Chenonceau Castle in the Loire Valley
- Enjoy a walking tour of Bordeaux
- Wine tasting at Chateau Soutard in St. Emilion
- Visit the seaside resort of Biarritz
- Visit St. Bernadette’s grotto; join the rosary and candlelight procession in Lourdes
- Walk by the ancient battlements in Carcassone
- Visit a perfume factory in Grasse and enjoy a lecture on the history of perfume making
- Drive along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice
- Take a walking tour of Aix-en-Provence
- Enjoy a panoramic view from Fourvière Hill, a private signseeing cruise with Local Guide and a visit of Old Lyon
- An orientation tour of Dijon
- Transfer from Dijon to Paris by high-speed TGV train in first-class
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 1 lunch with a drink
- 7 three-course dinners with wine, including a special welcome dinner in Paris and a special dinner in Bordeaux
- Paris Marriott Rive Gauche in Paris (2 nights)
- Novotel Bayeaux Hotel in Bayeaux (1 night)
- Oceania Hotel St. Malo in St. Malo (1 night)
- Mercure Blois Center Hotel in the Loire Valley (1 night)
- Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel in Bordeaux (2 nights)
- Grand Gallia & Londres Hotel in Lourdes (1 night)
- Novotel Atria Nimes Centre Hotel in Nimes (1 night)
- Ellington Hotel in Nice (2 nights)
- Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache in Lyon (1 night)
- Oceania Le Jura Hotel in Dijon (1 night)
- Concord Montparnasse Hotel in Paris (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN PARIS, FRANCE
Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant and an orientation drive for a first impression of this magnificent city.
PARIS MARRIOTT RIVE GAUCHE
In the morning, an optional excursion is available to the impressive Palace and Garden of Versailles, built by the “Sun King,” Louis XIV. Guided sightseeing features the Opéra, Madeleine, Champs-Elysées, and Arc de Triomphe. Visit magnificent Notre Dame Cathedral and admire its Rose Windows. This evening, why not join an optional cabaret show?
PARIS MARRIOTT RIVE GAUCHE
PARIS–CAEN. EXCURSION TO NORMANDY BEACHES.
Arrive in Caen and visit the fascinating Memorial Museum for Peace with its great exhibits and audiovisual show about the Battle of Normandy.
Normandy Beaches, France
Continue to the Normandy Beaches, scene of the Allied Forces’ landing on D-Day, June 6, 1944. Stop in Arromanches and see the Mulberry Harbor. Then, drive to Omaha Beach for a picture stop and visit the American Cemetery and memorial.
MERCURE CAEN CENTRE PORT DE PLAISANCE
CAEN–MONT ST. MICHEL–SAINT-MALO
Mont Saint Michel, France
Visit the famous Abbey of Mont St. Michel, with a history going back to the 8th-century and spectacularly perched on a rocky isle.
Saint Malo, France
Look forward to another highlight: in the corsair city of Saint-Malo ride the Little Train, the best way to fully discover the historic walled town with Saint Vincent’s Cathedral and St. Peter’s Gate. Enjoy the panoramic views of the Gulf of Saint-Malo.
OCEANIA HOTEL ST. MALO
ST. MALO–ESSÉ–ANGERS–LOIRE VALLEY
Drive through Brittany and stop in Essé to visit La Roche-aux-Fees, a dolmen dating back to 3500-3000 BC.
On your way to the Loire Valley, enjoy an orientation of the beautiful town of Angers. This evening, you may wish to sample traditional cuisine at a local restaurant. Overnight in Blois,
MERCURE BLOIS CENTRE
LOIRE VALLEY–CHENONCEAU CASTLE–BORDEAUX
Visit the 16th-century castle of Catherine de Medici, lovely Chenonceau, a fairytale castle with a moat and towers.
Continue to Bordeaux, and join your Tour Director for a walking tour through this pretty city on the Garonne River. Tonight, savor dinner at the well-known Brasserie Bordelaise restaurant.
MERCURE BORDEAUX CHATEAU CHARTRONS
BORDEAUX. EXCURSION TO ST. EMILION
A morning at leisure offers the opportunity to join an exciting optional excursion.
Later, enjoy a highlight visit to St. Emilion for an exclusive wine tasting at Château Soutard.
MERCURE BORDEAUX CHATEAU CHARTRONS
Stop in Biarritz, an ancient fishing village turned trendy seaside resort.
Continue to Lourdes, one of the world’s most famous places of pilgrimage. Visit the Grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, and join the memorable Rosary and candlelight procession this evening.
GRAND GALLIA & LONDRES HOTEL
Travel from Lourdes to the beautifully preserved, medieval, walled town of Carcassonne for a leisurely walk by the ancient battlements and time to explore the town on your own.
Continue to Nîmes and find out what both this city and Genoa, in Italy, have to do with jeans!
NOVOTEL ATRIA NIMES CENTRE HOTEL
This morning, arrive in Grasse, and visit the famous Fragonard Usine Historique, where an expert will give a lecture about perfume making.
Then, enjoy spectacular views as you drive along the Mediterranean coast and the famous Promenade des Anglais in Nice.
FRENCH RIVIERA AT LEISURE
A full day at leisure on the enchanting Côte d’Azur gives you a chance to visit the beach or browse through the elegant shops. To make the most of your stay, optional excursions are available to the famous artist town of St. Paul de Vence and to Monte Carlo.
FRENCH RIVIERA–AIX-EN-PROVENCE, FRANCE–LYON
Aix-en-Provence, one of France’s most elegant cities, was the birthplace of painter Cézanne, and has always attracted artists from all over the world. Join your Tour Director for a walking tour through the center of the town.
Next is Lyon, the second largest city of France. Drive to Fourviere Hill, and enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the city and its Roman ruins before arriving at your hotel.
MERCURE LYON CENTRE CHATEAU PERRACHE HOTEL
Sit back and relax during a private cruise on the Rhône and Sâone Rivers with a Local Guide, who will explain the sights. Time to walk through Old Lyon and see the Murales, examples of trompe l’oeil, started by a group of students in the ‘70s.
Continue to Dijon, capital of Burgundy and famous for mustard. During your orientation, hear about the various dukes who ruled over the area, admire the architecture, and learn about toits bourguignons (Burgundian polychrome roofs).
OCEANIA LE JURA HOTEL
Ride the high-speed TGV TRAIN to Paris, where an optional excursion to the artists’ hill of Montmartre, followed by a relaxing cruise on the Seine River, is available.
PARIS MARRIOTT RIVE GAUCHE
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.