Tastes and Sounds of the South with Jazz Festival
Music and Culinary Tour
Enjoy southern treats on this Tastes and Sounds of the South with Jazz Festival, tour. Visit fantastic destinations that made some of our favorites famous and places made famous by them. Taste your way through Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana with highlights including famous music studios, Beale Street, Graceland and wind up your adventure at the famous New Orleans Jazz Festival.
Toe tapping and finger snapping plus tunes that continue to delight us are part of the fun on this unique vacation. Visit RCA's Studio B discovering legends of Elvis Presley and Roy Orbison. Johnny Cash's hits are performed during a private show by one of his relatives. Tour the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum where Elvis Presley's Solid Gold Cadillac limousine is parked. Try a Nashville specialty, hot chicken and biscuits. In Memphis, join a musician to learn about the musical heritage of Memphis beginning on Beale Street. Tour gorgeous Graceland and visit Sun Studios, where they recorded the first Rock 'n' Roll single in 1951. Kick back in the Big Easy, stroll through above ground cemeteries, nibble on fresh beignets, listen to live jazz and let the good times roll. Spend an entire day at the world famous jazz festival taking in the energy of this special city and event. Once in a lifetime memories, new friendships and more will be among the takeaways from this delightful trip.
10 Days • fr. $3,295
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Nashville
- GUIDED TOUR Memphis
- DELVE into the life and foot-tapping tunes of Johnny Cash
- JOIN a pianist and a chef for an evening of southern hospitality
- EXPLORE two beautiful Natchez homes
- LEARN Louisiana cotton plantation heritage.
- SIGHTSEEING in Memphis, including Beale Street, the birthplace of Blues, Soul, and Rock 'n' Roll
- VISIT Graceland
- TOUR Plantations, Oak Alley and Frogmore
- SPEND time at Country Music Hall of Fame
- LIVE the music at Studio B and Sun Studios
- MARVEL at music history at Rock 'n' Soul Museum
- ATTEND iconic New Orleans Jazz Festival
- TOUR New Orleans' City Park and an ornate above-ground cemetery
- ADMIRE Elvis' Solid Gold Cadillac limousine
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Sheraton Nashville in Nashville, Tennessee (3 nights)
- Hu Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee (2 nights)
- Magnolia Bluffs in Natchez, Mississippi (1 night)
- Sheraton New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana (3 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE NASHVILLE Location Information Description
The beating heart of America's Music City will chart your pace as you prepare to embark on a leisurely pilgrimage to discover the tastes and sounds of the South. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception.
NASHVILLE SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
The famous Nashville Sound comes alive this morning as RCA's Studio B reveals the legends of Elvis Presley, Jim Reeves and Roy Orbison. 'Dive into Culture' and gain insights into the life and music of Johnny Cash during a private performance of original Cash tunes with one of Johnny's family members.
Your acoustic journey continues with a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to see Elvis' Solid Gold Cadillac limousine and Jim Reeves' tuxedo jacket. Then, you will have the option to join a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry or you can spend the day at leisure.
NASHVILLE AT LEISURE AND SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Today is a free day for you to explore. Amble through Broadway's honky-tonk scene or perhaps enjoy the gut-busting flavors of homegrown hot chicken and biscuits.
This evening, you'll have the option to head to the Grand Ole Opry to watch a performance of America's longest running live radio program.
NASHVILLE - MEMPHIS Location Information Description
Head to Beale Street, the birthplace of Blues, Soul, and Rock 'n' Roll, where we'll meet a musician and Local Specialist to learn about the musical heritage of Memphis.
In the afternoon, you have the option of visiting the National Civil Rights Museum. Enjoy a Regional Dinner this evening.
GRACELAND EXCURSION Location Information Description
Worship at the altar of the King, Elvis Presley, and head to Graceland, paying tribute to the man who changed the face of American popular music and culture.
Then, pay a visit to Sun Studios, which sought to immortalize the raw energy of Beale Street, recording the first Rock 'n' Roll single in 1951. This evening is free.
MEMPHIS - NATCHEZ Location Information Description
Kick off this morning's musical interlude at the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum before leaving for Natchez, Mississippi. 'Connect with Locals' as you enjoy a meal at a private home.
NATCHEZ - OAK ALLEY - NEW ORLEANS Location Information Description
New Orleans, USA
Today you’ll take a deep dive into Southern history. On this morning’s visit to a working cotton plantation, Frogmore Plantation and Gins, learn about Natchez planters and slavery in the south. To further understand Louisiana history, continue through the countryside to visit Oak Alley Plantation.
Sheraton New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS SIGHTSEEING AND AT LEISURE Location Information Description
New Orleans, USA
Let the good times roll in New Orleans today, tracing the cosmopolitan history of one of America's oldest cities with a Local Specialist, stopping at City Park and one of the ornate above-ground cemeteries.
Spend the afternoon soaking up the laid-back vibes of The Big Easy. The afternoon is yours to explore on your own.
Sheraton New Orleans
JAZZ FESTIVAL Location Information Description
New Orleans, USA
Spend a day at the annual celebration of the music and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana.
Sheraton New Orleans
DEPART NEW ORLEANS Location Information Description
New Orleans, USA
For now, it's 'Au Revoir' New Orleans, but not 'Adieu'. Take a transfer to New Orleans International Airport or extend your stay in New Orleans at the Sheraton New Orleans.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.